What Has Happened To The Manx Pound Note?

spermann

I keep ending up with pockets full of gold nuggets after a night out and no notes in my wallett.

Have we stopped printing the good old Manx pound note?

Please shed me some light. :rolleyes:

I have got a couple in my wallet at present, don't really like them tho. Saying that ,I wouldn't complain if I had a suitcase full

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I keep ending up with pockets full of gold nuggets after a night out and no notes in my wallett.

Have we stopped printing the good old Manx pound note?

Please shed me some light. :rolleyes:

I have got a couple in my wallet at present, don't really like them tho. Saying that ,I wouldn't complain if I had a suitcase full

We were bored in work and put a few pound notes up for sale at £1.50 each with 25p P+P, sold 5 of them in a day. Also got a PM from the person that has been selling them for years telling us to stop it as we were taking a piece of his action!

You should have carried on selling them just to piss him off.

So if people are selling them at high prices on the likes of ebay, then this is effectivly removing them out of circulation from the Manx Economy. OK so it may only be 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000028 of the total number. But as one sucsessful retailer says, 'every little helps'

I was working behind a bar on sunday, I was given 3 one pound notes, in the next 2 hours I gave them out in change at every opportunity, yet still ended up with all 3 when I came to cash up. A bloody nuisance really.

Archived