Moyles Gets Some Bal*s

John

Who mentioned balls?

Umm.... Topic title?

You've deliberately taken my post out of context and misrepresented it. I was replying to Floyd when he asked me "So you think it takes balls for a Senior high ranking member of our courts to slag off beat coppers?!" Since I despise the whole concept of "balls" as macho bullshit used by imbeciles and motorcyclists I wished to dispel that the notion floated by Floyd.

Sorry darling, I wasn't expecting a hissy fit response, you best go powder your nose.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I despise the whole concept of "balls" as macho bullshit used by imbeciles and motorcyclists I wished to dispel that the notion floated by Floyd.

I'm partly inclined to agree with that sentiment. It does seem to be something that's spouted a lot by neanderthals.

I wouldn't say I despise it though - I just think it's normally slightly amusing in a pitiful sort of way.

Yeah but come on, his reply is a little nancy boyish is it not?

Unless your Declan or his mother, I don't think anyone was talking to you?

No, you were talking to Cret, about me.

You struggle following threads, don't you Rich? You've just criticised LDV for responding to a post that wasn't directed at him, but you did the same when you responded to my post that was directed at Floyd and Cret's post at me.

Declan - I only commenting because you criticised a word that is used to underpin some idea that it is being tough and having guys is a male thing, and when you did that someone tries to assert you must be an effeminate homosexual or girly.

Though as stupid and offensive a post that Rich made I don't see how he deliberately misrepresented what you said. It seems that Floyd was the one was made some bizarre conclusion based on what was a crystal clear post from you.

How would you know what I do or do not understand? What I do understand is you seem to have a problem with a commonly known term of balls and wished to share it with us.

It's obvious that you did not understand that when Floyd asked if I thought it took balls for Moyle to say what he did and I countered by asking "Who mentioned balls?" that I was pointing out that I hadn't mentioned balls. I was therefore answering Floyd's specific question, that was addressed to me, you took that response out of context and responded as if I had missed the title of this thread.

I am sorry that I misinterpreted your taking my post out of context as a deliberate act intended to deceive, I now accept LDV's spirited defence of you and realize you acted in that manner because you had missed the nuances of the thread.

Yeah but come on, his reply is a little nancy boyish is it not?

I'm not getting into this really, but I can appreciate the angle Declan is coming from with his comments about 'balls', to a certain degree at least.

Men who don't display an element of machismo get looked down on at times by testofest types. I.e. "You don't like sport? What's wrong with you? Why don't you go in the kitchen with the birds and cook then?" and that sort of crap. It's tiresome.

I've never really had a problem with that type of blokes and have plenty of friends like that, but it doesn't mean it's not annoying & a bit old hat.

I am sorry that I misinterpreted your taking my post out of context as a deliberate act intended to deceive, I now accept LDV's spirited defence of you and realize you acted in that manner because you had missed the nuances of the thread.

No need to be sorry, you'll see from most of my posts that most of the time, I don't have time to read and digest most of the forum discussions, so my comment was purely in gest of the question when the topic clearly stated balls.

Anyway I'm a grumpy shit today because I've got a stinking cold!! :D

Archived