Xbox 360 Questions

WilDDog

Hi all,

I have a couple of questions regarding the old and new XBox 360 all answers appreciated.

When I format my current Xbox 360 to part ex for a new one, will I lose all my saves on games and have to start all over again or will my live account store them?

If I lose all saved games is there a way I can transfer them to a usb drive then put them on my new xbox?

I already preordered at Game, can someone tell me if it's released yet and if so has anyone got one?

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

I have a couple of questions regarding the old and new XBox 360 all answers appreciated.

When I format my current Xbox 360 to part ex for a new one, will I lose all my saves on games and have to start all over again or will my live account store them?

If I lose all saved games is there a way I can transfer them to a usb drive then put them on my new xbox?

You just use a usb pen drive to move your profile and save games before you format the old one. Your live account doesn't store them. Re download your purchased games, and use the license transfer tool on the Xbox website to move the licenses to the new box.

you can use a USB pen stick, and in an X box mag it states that the 360 can only read upto 16 gig USB devices?? maybe they are refering to the original 360 only as i'm sure i read that tyhe new one can use a USB hard drive??. you can buy a data transfer cable for 15 quid that will allow the transfer from the old hard drive straight over to the new xbox. game will give you the trade in value as opposed to cash value ( which is less ) for 1 week after you have got your new xbox ( out friday the 16th july ). but they only give you 50 quid for a 20 gig xbox, 80 for an elite, and 100 for a super elite? for the money you get back it is hardly worth the trade in if you have a white 360. also the new xbox lists it as having built in N wifi. now whether it is just N? or B and G aswell i'm not sure, but having just looked at dell laptops they list N wifi, and offer a different wifi to give you B and G. so the new xbox may need an N wireless router to be able to connect out the box?? the mag i mentioned earlier also stated the usb adaptor from the original 360 will work on the new one which leads to me think it is N only out the box!!. this could all just be bollox and speculation on the mags part but not all N stuff has B&G built in too. something else to consider is tyhe new one doesn't appear to take the memory cards either.

Thanks for the replies.

I dunno what to do now, I already gave Game my 20 quid deposit to part ex for the new one. I might keep the old one and see if they'll let me buy a new one and put that deposit money towards it.

If they don't I'll never shop there again :)

Can I have the same profile on 2 xboxes?

Thanks Hannay for the offer, but I stuck the info on USB stick.. Hope it works....

Can I have the same profile on 2 xboxes?

No, but you can leave your profile on the usb stick or memory card and move that between two boxes.

the n ew one doesn't use the memory cards. hard drive or USB only

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anybody have a data transfer cable I can borrow, I bought one but it doesn't pop up the transfer window and if I look at memory storage it shows as a unconfigured usb drive. Need to check if it's a duff cable or has my Hard Drive gone pop, was working fine before I took it off the old xbox.

Did you buy an unofficial cable? That's what I did and it wouldn't work, ended up buying an official one

It's not an official one but it did have good reviews (ebay), bought it a while back now but couldn't try it till today. I have ruled out a busted hard drive at least now by hooking the old one back up again and all the data is still there, will just have to get one tomorrow

I've got one you can borrow if you want, I'll bring it into the office with me tomorrow (Douglas). Just throw me a PM if you want to use it for a bit, save you having to buy one.

Thanks for the offer Overdose but I have only just seen it, I have managed to work around it with a 16Gb memory stick.

Well fuck me, 1 day after transfering all the old data from xbox 1 to new Halo box it suffers the 'red dot of doom', spent 3 hours this morning transfering all the data back to old xbox with a usb stick before taking it back to game for a replacement, bought another data transfer cable whilst there though so moving to new box wasn't so bad.

Archived