£398 Projector - Get One Of These!

Spongebob

Take a look at this:

http://www.dabs.com/uk/productView.htm?quicklinx=3kcf&mc=2

My mate just bought one and it's awesome!! Even a year ago you would have had to pay £2000 for something of this quality. Don't let the price fool you - it's fantastic.

We set it up last night and ended up playing Halo on the Xbox until 4am......

There is no optical zoom though so you need to sit it on a coffee table in front of you and move the table forward or backwards to adjust the projection size. The great thing with this projector is that you can't hear the fan. Projectors usually sound a bit like hair dryers. He has a 5ft wide screen to view on with a Sony surround system. :D

To be honest 700 lumens is standard for home cinema kit (even for £4000 units). Any brighter and you lose the blacks.

I have a Sanyo Z3 which is about £1100. The image quality is stunning but not that much better.

This Tosh even has DCDi which is amazing for the money. You can't even get a decent telly for 300 quid, let alone a five or 6 foot wide one.

Difinitely recommended.

• 12 years later...
On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2005 at 4:50 PM, Spongebob said:

Take a look at this:

http://www.dabs.com/uk/productView.htm?quicklinx=3kcf&mc=2

My mate just bought one and it's awesome!! Even a year ago you would have had to pay £2000 for something of this quality. Don't let the price fool you - it's fantastic.

We set it up last night and ended up playing Halo on the Xbox until 4am......

There is no optical zoom though so you need to sit it on a coffee table in front of you and move the table forward or backwards to adjust the projection size. The great thing with this projector is that you can't hear the fan. Projectors usually sound a bit like hair dryers. He has a 5ft wide screen to view on with a Sony surround system. :D

why has that link now closed its doors?

Archived