Gorge Walking

John

Just a note to see if any one fancies some gorge walking, a small group of us head out on a Wednesday evening (whilst its still light enough) and a Sunday (when the darker nights set in)

Most of us wear wet suits and helmets as it is cold.

So if any one fancies a go, let me know.

Must admit it looks fuckin great but bloody cold , how much for a decent wetsuit ?

Its about £90 on line, I used Mikes Diving off Ebay, you best get at least a 5mm body and 3mm arms / legs for summer/autumn and winter maybe a 5mm all over, depending on how tough you are..lol

Went out last night and the river was really full, cracking fun, and a decent work out as well.

We go most Wednesdays if you fancy it, this time of year you can probably handle going without a wet suit if you just want to try it before spending. I have a spare helmet, which to be honest I would not go gorge walking without.

Judging by the pictures, 'Gorge Walking' would appear to be slightly understated. Anything that looks like you're climbing up the rock face of a waterfall, jumping off the top of a waterfall or any other activity that requires the use of a helmet doesn't really come under the description of 'Walking' Poor old Mama Stav was quite interested in this Gorge Walking until you showed her the pictures. Next time, leave the pictures and the wet suit talk to a more suitable time like when your 'Walkers' turn up for their stroll along the Gorge. The photos would have been ace with her and her stroller and deer hunter hat flaoting around up to her neck in gorge water and waterfalls.

I wonder if she fancies paragliding, she probably doesn't know what that is either...

Judging by the pictures, 'Gorge Walking' would appear to be slightly understated. Anything that looks like you're climbing up the rock face of a waterfall, jumping off the top of a waterfall or any other activity that requires the use of a helmet doesn't really come under the description of 'Walking' Poor old Mama Stav was quite interested in this Gorge Walking until you showed her the pictures. Next time, leave the pictures and the wet suit talk to a more suitable time like when your 'Walkers' turn up for their stroll along the Gorge. The photos would have been ace with her and her stroller and deer hunter hat flaoting around up to her neck in gorge water and waterfalls.

I wonder if she fancies paragliding, she probably doesn't know what that is either...

Stav, you in a wet suit.......... shakes head to remove the image, before any real damage is done...lol

Dare I say it but it looks quite dangerous to me, but safety is always the top of my agenda.

Also have you seen the shit that come from the hills and catchment areas that end up in the rivers of this Island? Lets put it this way I would never drink that raw water!!

Good luck guys :huh:

LT

Just John

I definitely am not knocking your sport, and to a degree it looks quite fun, just make sure that all sensible precautions are taken and that everything is controlled and you know how to summons help if needed!

Good luck

LT

Dear John.

Thank you for taking me George walking last week.

I really discovered my wild side. Unfortunately George took a long time to discover his, but when he found it there was no stopping him.

We thought that next time we could put water wings on our zimmer frames and George might take his guide dog. The dog swims quite well and is used to hauling George out of places like rivers, pubs and school playgrounds.

Looking forward to our next outing, and by the way, have you found my teeth yet?

Yours in anticipation.

Mama Stav.

Archived