Brother Printers

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Brother Printers. I have a Canon all in one but it only does A4. I'm now in the market for an A3 printer. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks..

I guess it depends on what you want it for dude.

For photographic stuff, the Canon printers are very good. If it's just for basic colour printing (I'm guessing your college stuff?) then it should be okay. Are we talking laser or inkjet here? Laser will probably work out a fair bit cheaper long term on cost per page but it'll sting you on initial outlay and the toners will be expensive when they need replacing. Inkjet will be cheaper but anything A3 will be dear unless prices have massively dropped since I last looked.

How much will you actually need to print out on A3? You might be better off just whacking it on a memory stick and taking it somewhere to print out if it's only a few sheets here and there.

Looks like a good printer for the money, the review was pretty glowing too. He doesn't say how much printing he's done in that 6 months though (or what type of printing) so who knows on the ink score but yeah, if you think you'll get enough use to justify it, it seems like a good deal.

We had a Brother laser fax that took a fair hammering over its life and it never let us down, I can't comment on their inkjets though as I have no experience of them.

Archived