Dead Island On 360

K.os Theory

Anyone picked this up, i've been hunting around but it seems to be sold out everywhere!

The reviews have been a mixed bag ( from 3/10 to 9/10 ) but to be honest it looks like a lot of fun and should tide me over until GOW3 and Rage! :)

was going to pick it up on the PS3 but have heard that that version is pretty much broken. Noticed that GAME are selling it for £48!!!

My young fella pre-ordered a copy (360) and seems to have enjoyed playing it especially with his mates, I may have a quick blast on it at some point but im too busy hammering Resistance 3 when I get chance... It's awesome!

I believe both versions were broken on release but a huge day one update with about 30 patches in it supposedly fixed most of the major issues, apparently both have screen tearing with the PS3 version coming off worst.

managed to pick up a copy yesterday...great fun. reminds me a lot of borderlands ( semi-open world environments linked by loading screens, 4-player online co-op and lots of loot ).

in single player there is a very tangible sense of dread, especially with the speed that some weapons degrade.

very enjoyable, looking forward to getting deeper into the game.

I've just played through it on PC (single player) and it's certainly a flawed gem. There are numerous nods to zombie cult faves and it evokes the 'survival horror' genre perfectly.

The later levels are a let down (no spoilers) but the beach bungalows/hotel and town are fabulously rendered. There are still glitches, and the story has some odd jumps, but overall I've had a great time.

Apparently co-op is the way to play, but I'm afraid that spoils the immersion for me.

Archived