French Phone Sim And Dataplan

Does anyone know of any reasonable sim and dataplans that I could purchase for the iphone 4s and ipad 3 that will work in the French mountains?

Cheers in advance

One of the group I was with in France this year was having trouble with his phone. He went to a small shop, bought a phone & sim card with €10 credit for around €18 (I think) and used it for the rest of the holiday no problems. Didn't go into the French mountains, but it worked in Switzerland, Italy & Germany. He also sold the phone for £9 on EBay when he got back.

I'll get in touch with him, see if he can remember. I'll post when (if) I find out.

Right, it was Orange PAYG. Don't know the details, but the 10 euro credit lasted 10 days, including a reasonable amount of data (Facebook etc). He showed his passport, and had no problems buying it. Think it was in Lens.

I bought a SIM from roamline and stuck it in an unlocked MiFi for one of our users to take away with their iPhone. Not used in France in this instance but pretty much everywhere covered.

www.roamline.com

Data rates aren't as cheap as "proper" local rates but it's convenient and post-paid without a contract.

I note that the IOM gets a special mention on the roamline site as being more expensive than UK, Europe, USA and Canada at 0.89 Euro per MB.

Not part of the EU so the EU price cap between operators doesn't apply. Which is why MT and Sure customers get raped for roaming in Europe at £6.99 a MB whilst UK network customers only pay circa 70p.

Archived