True Cost Of The Tt

MilitantDogOwner

Everyone's entitled to their opinion & I don't profess to speak for anyone but myself. I think a Manx person with your views, I would have more sympathy with - you however who have moved here of your own free will (or greed) I have no sympathy whatsoever.

I imagine some Spanish people said the same about Bull Fighting before it was banned....

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MDO - have you asked the question to someone (MHK, government body) who could try to give some sort of qualified answer?

Without a FOI, how much of a genuine response do you think I'll get?

So you've moved from a country with a FOI act and little or no road racing to one without one & known throughout the world for road racing & now you are complaining that you can't find out the cost of the road racing because we have no FOI act. I think there's a common factor in all this - one with a penchant for yappy little dogs.

Don't know, but have you actually at least tried asking?

And I'm asking you, without an FOI to force a response, do you genuinely think I would get a meaningful response?

You answer my question and I'll answer yours.

Answering questions with questions, are you a politician?

Everyone's entitled to their opinion & I don't profess to speak for anyone but myself. I think a Manx person with your views, I would have more sympathy with - you however who have moved here of your own free will (or greed) I have no sympathy whatsoever.

I imagine some Spanish people said the same about Bull Fighting before it was banned....

Serious misinformation! Bullfighting has been banned only in Catalonia and the Canary Islands - there has since been a petition by 590,000 people and supported in parliament by 180 - 40 to give it special cultural status and overturn the regional bans.

I know very little of bull fighting, but I'd be very surprised if it was banned because some English fella moved to Spain to avoid paying tax & objected to it because it inconvenienced him.

Bull fighting isn't banned in Spain?

And I'm asking you, without an FOI to force a response, do you genuinely think I would get a meaningful response?

No I haven't. And I'm guessing your response will justify why I haven't

No I haven't. And I'm guessing your response will justify why I haven't

I generally agree that you won't get a meaningful answer, but not because of the lack of a FOI act. More because there are so many variables and things that are probably impossible to measure thus preventing anyone giving a meaningful answer.

However, if you really are wanting to know specific costs I think you should ask some questions to people who might be able to actually give them. You never know they might actually tell you. If they hide behind the lack of a FOI act you have a genuine complaint, but without asking you can only make unsubstantiated claims.

its not been banned?

should start taxing dog owners more to pay for the ttthumbsup.gif

I didn't know that the cost of staging the TT wasn't in the public domain, isn't it £3.5m? Or does the fact that the figure was released and made public make it sound as if there is something to hide?

The TT provides us with many things which we would not have without the event, decent main roads being just one.

Wrighty is correct that many businesses make their profit during the TT and MGP, enabling investment in staff etc. You may say that the business models of them all are flawed but we would have less choice of everything catering related without the TT.

We probably have more people per capita who are first aid trained and capable of dealing with accidents and incidents than anywhere else in the world, more people who are capable of organising and administering major events than anywhere I know of.

Far from being divisive, I believe that the TT, MGP, Southern 100 etc are the glue that holds a lot of the island together.

I didn't know that the cost of staging the TT wasn't in the public domain, isn't it £3.5m? Or does the fact that the figure was released and made public make it sound as if there is something to hide?

The TT provides us with many things which we would not have without the event, decent main roads being just one.

Wrighty is correct that many businesses make their profit during the TT and MGP, enabling investment in staff etc. You may say that the business models of them all are flawed but we would have less choice of everything catering related without the TT.

We probably have more people per capita who are first aid trained and capable of dealing with accidents and incidents than anywhere else in the world! More people who are capable of organising major events

Far from being divisive, I believe that the TT, MGP, Southern 100 etc are the glue that holds a lot of the island together.

But you have no way to substantiate your belief, for all you know it costs £35 million....but then the apathy I am seeing from some posters...

However anyone who complains about government spending or a public service being cut because there isn't enough funds, yet supports the TT (despite not having the faintest idea what it actually costs) is a bloody fool.

Its not like the Island is down the financial toilet or anything.....oh wait....

However, if you really are wanting to know specific costs I think you should ask some questions to people who might be able to actually give them. You never know they might actually tell you. If they hide behind the lack of a FOI act you have a genuine complaint, but without asking you can only make unsubstantiated claims.

But at least I am asking, where as it seems several forum residents are happy to live in blissful ignorance.

But at least I am asking, where as it seems several forum residents are happy to live in blissful ignorance.

But you're not asking anyone who could possibly give you an answer are you?

Archived