Douglas Carnival

Matt Bawden

Really enjoyed the carnival, great to see it back. Well done to all involved. Grateful the weather improved just in time.

Just one thing I thought was a bit 'edgy' was the Segway contribution.

Although each one had a name which I found amusing, they were a little inappropriate imo.

One of them was called Wilma Fingerdo !!! Funny, but not sure suitable for a family event.

Well done to all the organisers, everybody who took part and the hundreds of people who turned up despite the weather.

And all those who couldn't be bothered missed a good community event.

I didn't miss anything. Lord Greystoke was on the telly and I had some lovely tortillas with vegetarian sausages and M&S super green soup. An all round pleasant evening after the dull afternoon spent on Douglas Promenade.

Really enjoyed the carnival, great to see it back. Well done to all involved. Grateful the weather improved just in time.

Just one thing I thought was a bit 'edgy' was the Segway contribution.

Although each one had a name which I found amusing, they were a little inappropriate imo.

One of them was called Wilma Fingerdo !!! Funny, but not sure suitable for a family event.

I initially thought that but then thought that kids wouldn't get it and those that would understand it would see it as funny and would obviously know far more about sex etc. than the innuendo displayed.

Well done to all the organisers, everybody who took part and the hundreds of people who turned up despite the weather.

And all those who couldn't be bothered missed a good community event.

I didn't miss anything. Lord Greystoke was on the telly and I had some lovely tortillas with vegetarian sausages and M&S super green soup. An all round pleasant evening after the dull afternoon spent on Douglas Promenade.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/228250.Four_Arguments_for_the_Elimination_of_Television

• 2 months later...

Archived