Heroes of teh Storm

Slim

Anyone playing Blizzards latest Heroes of the Storm? I've had it about a week, never been a big MOBA fan as I don't think I'd be able to put the time into something like DoTA. This seems to be a much lighter implementation, games last typically about 20 mins, you don't need masses of knowledge to compete and the players so far seem quite understanding and polite. There's multiple maps with different map objectives which helps with the variety.

It's got all the usual Blizzard polish and the tutorials and stuff is good. Can be played completely for free, but your character selection is limited to what's currently free. Characters are quite expensive to buy (from £3 to £7.50 as far as I can tell) but you can play it like Hearthstone and unlock characters through play that you get to keep.

Really enjoying it so far, the shorter games have a 'one more go' element that DoTA never had for me.

I've been playing it for a month or so (on and off) quite like it but I'm rudely into Hearthstone and "One cannot play games all day." :) The first time I played it, I went in a group thing, had no idea what I was doing, total panic! Oh I might just go have a little game now you've mentioned it.

Archived