Nano sim for smart watch

I've just bought a Samsung watch, mainly for cycling, monitoring fitness etc. I need a nano sim, anyone any previous experience? Do I just pop in Manx telecom, and will it keep the existing phone number?

Ta muchly

Assuming you are taking the SIM out of your phone, then you can just get your normal SIM cut down to size in the shop.

Though, looking at the Gear S, you ideally want a second SIM for it as far as I can tell

Hi, yes gear S, so want the sim to remain in my phone and the nano sim for the watch, so it work independently of the phone. Hoping MT can give me an extra sim which will go to the same phone number. Will pop in the shop to see what the options are and if it's possible.

Hi, yes gear S, so want the sim to remain in my phone and the nano sim for the watch, so it work independently of the phone. Hoping MT can give me an extra sim which will go to the same phone number. Will pop in the shop to see what the options are and if it's possible.

They won't give you another SIM for the same number, you need an extra plan or a PAYG sim for it

• 3 weeks later...

Heeeeeeelllllllp!!! What it is right, I am old and I haven't got a clue about technology any more :( In the olden days I knew all about everything, I bought things plugged them in and they worked, now it's all nano sim and OS and blady blady blah, anyway...MrBees wants a watch phone but I don't know anything, actually cried a bit before because it was all too much for me, there are lots of smart watches but they look like they only work with a compatible phone. Please dear Manx Forums technobods, may you help me? All I want is a watch that is a phone that does similar things to my iPhone :)

In other news, I have found out how to use Find my friends, much to the annoyance of my daughter - oh it's ace. Stalker mum FTW, ignore that she is mid twenties, has 'her own place' and 2 jobs, I'm needy and I am right on her every move ahhahahahaha thank heavens they did not have this when my mum was stalking me.

Heeeeeeelllllllp!!! What it is right, I am old and I haven't got a clue about technology any more sad.png In the olden days I knew all about everything, I bought things plugged them in and they worked, now it's all nano sim and OS and blady blady blah, anyway...MrBees wants a watch phone but I don't know anything, actually cried a bit before because it was all too much for me, there are lots of smart watches but they look like they only work with a compatible phone. Please dear Manx Forums technobods, may you help me? All I want is a watch that is a phone that does similar things to my iPhone smile.png

In other news, I have found out how to use Find my friends, much to the annoyance of my daughter - oh it's ace. Stalker mum FTW, ignore that she is mid twenties, has 'her own place' and 2 jobs, I'm needy and I am right on her every move ahhahahahaha thank heavens they did not have this when my mum was stalking me.

Does Mr Bees have an iPhone or an Android phone? If he has an Android phone, any Android Wear watch should work well with it

TB

The Gear S is a watch phone. It can either link to your existing phone via blue tooth, and link into the SIM you have in your phone. So if someone phones your mobile, your watch will also ring. Tne watch will also pick up texts and notifications, ie Facebook etc.

The watch will also accept a SIM card in its own rights so will be a standalone phone. If you do this, it will be a separate phone number. One SIM cannot be on two devices.

The gear is more friendly to android devices. Great for tracking fitness etc

I'm selling mine if any interest. I bought it on impulse, it's great but just not for me. As you can see from the start of the thread I've had it for a couple of weeks and used twice, I'll knock 30 quid of the price I paid and show you how it works.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the advice and offer. The thing is, I got in a tis woz when I was reading about them because I couldn't understand what they were for, what they did or what the point of them was. I have decided they are pointless and MrBees has a new phone :)

Are they a bit cunty?

Thank you for the advice and offer. The thing is, I got in a tis woz when I was reading about them because I couldn't understand what they were for, what they did or what the point of them was. I have decided they are pointless and MrBees has a new phone smile.png

Are they a bit cunty?

I really like mine, but it's not one of the ones you look like a spanner shouting at to do stuff. Mine tells me when someone is calling or messaging me, works with a few apps etc. and looks reasonably watch like.

Archived