Theft! Sharing is caring :)

thebees

Saw this post on Facebook earlier - what a mean and rotten thing to do to someone.

Please share! My power tools and my tool box with tools and makita radio were robbed out of the back of my van overnight in Andreas. The police have been and taken finger prints, and are on the look. Drills taken are dewalt cordless 18v 4ah sds, dewalt 110v sds, millwaukee impact driver 18v 3ah, millwaukee led torch 18v 3ah, yellow JCB tool box with wheels and handle, large and heavy. Also a bright blue mountain warehouse ski jacket which i wear to work.Please could everyone share this to get the stuff back, I don't care who the hell has took them, i just want it back! going to cost me a fortune to replace it all, took years of gathering the tools in the tool box. Didn't think this shit would ever happen in the likes of Andreas, a place i grown up in, and know (thought i knew) the majority of the people here. Please call the police :)

A "tool thief". Just despicable. I've had my tools stolen twice and it's a terrible feeling. To the thief it may just be a pile of old tools that they can sell for a few quid, but the replacement costs are horrific when you have to buy a complete new set of decent tools all at once just to be able to keep working.

In Glasgow a popular tool shop is Bills Tool Store, and they intuitively knew when someone was replacing a stolen kit and automatically gave a discount to soften the blow.

Saw this post on Facebook earlier - what a mean and rotten thing to do to someone.

Please share! My power tools and my tool box with tools and makita radio were robbed out of the back of my van overnight in Andreas. The police have been and taken finger prints, and are on the look. Drills taken are dewalt cordless 18v 4ah sds, dewalt 110v sds, millwaukee impact driver 18v 3ah, millwaukee led torch 18v 3ah, yellow JCB tool box with wheels and handle, large and heavy. Also a bright blue mountain warehouse ski jacket which i wear to work.Please could everyone share this to get the stuff back, I don't care who the hell has took them, i just want it back! going to cost me a fortune to replace it all, took years of gathering the tools in the tool box. Didn't think this shit would ever happen in the likes of Andreas, a place i grown up in, and know (thought i knew) the majority of the people here. Please call the police :)

A load of power tools being stolen in Andreas suggests maybe someone is planning a jail break in Jurby this Christmas? A sort of shit shank redemption.

A thief cares little about the consequences of their crime. I was speaking to a known thief in Douglas who works the building sites and as far as he is concerned anything he takes is simply a case of his gain and yeah, another person's loss, full stop, so what.. That includes tools from his colleagues as well as the 'victimless' crime of ripping off the builder.

The guy is scum. But I put him a few notches aboves certain advocates on this Island, but hey, that's a whole new story.

Beware of a cordless power tools sold without chargers or maybe spare batteries. The reason is obvious. When this happened to me, we were feet away up some scaffolding on a different side of the building being worked on and the b.stard took thousands £s worth of nearly new Makita stuff. Although this time, all the batteries which were on charge went with the chargers and carry cases too.

The whole lot was probably sold in the pub that night for <£100. Never mind the amount it cost to replace (well over 2 months salary), the disruption to the job was huge. I've never believed in physical violence since the primary school playground, and still don't, but I might have been persuaded otherwise that day...

Archived