Bbc

Jools

Does anyone what the music is in the BBC's advert for Freeview? Starts off with a little cartoon about "if you eat apple seeds an apple tree with grow in your tummy". It's a jazzy little number, but I cant seem to find any info on it.

Dunno mate sorry, but whilst we're trying to identify music I really want to know what's the tune that is often used on trailers/ads etc whenever some old fashioned black & white, happy families, picnic, cleaning product, type thing. A bit cholmondley-warner style.

It's got the screechy bit at the start that sounds like the stabbing bit off psycho.

I bet everyone knows the one I mean but doesn't know what it is, and I want it.

Commercial Breaks and Beats is always the first place I try but the only recent one they had was Coldplay. Also tried Whatsthattune but it isnt listed their either.

Cret, I think I know the bit of music your talking about, but I havent got a clue what its called or who its by.. gets used a lot though so I'll keep my ears open for it on the ads ;)

Cheers mate - after posting on whatthattune & some googling I found reference to Uncle Mac's Children's Favourites radio show, which I think also went under the name of Junior Choice. Can't find the theme to it to see if it's the right one though.

The theme to Junior Choice was 'Morningtown Ride'.

Here is a Seekers album. Track 11 - you can click for a Real/Windows Media sample of the song. It's slower than the version which they used as the radio theme.

Rockin rollin riding

Out along the bay

All bound for Morningtown

Many miles away

Crickey. That brought back some memories.

From http://www.whirligig-tv.co.uk

om 1954, for generations of children, Saturday morning was one of the great highlights of the week. Although the weekday "Children's Hour" provided rich entertainment for those between the ages of potty and puberty , Uncle Mac's selection of record requests was something very special: you might even hear your name being read out! Sheer bliss!!! His opening words "Hello Children Everywhere!" and the string orchestra signature tune of 'Puffing Billy', became symbols of the Fifties every bit as evocative as Dan Dare, Meccano and grey flannel shorts.

The theme to Junior Choice was 'Morningtown Ride'.

Here is a Seekers album. Track 11 - you can click for a Real/Windows Media sample of the song. It's slower than the version which they used as the radio theme.

Rockin rollin riding

Out along the bay

All bound for Morningtown

Many miles away

Crickey. That brought back some memories.

That's nothing like the one I'm after but cheers anyway!

Will try finding a downloadable version of 'puffing billy' to see if that's it....

Well that was wierd ... I've been waiting all week for my torrent of Constantine to finish downloading, so I watch it tonight (its pants btw) and the exact piece of music I have been trying to find crops up in the film briefly! :blink:

The Dave Brubeck Quartet - "Take Five" is what I was after, if anyone's even remotely interested :P

This is a total rank outside shot in the dark... however! I am a fan of E.R. and was watching the episode where Dr Carter and another female doctor (called Lucy I think?) were both stabbed and left for dead whilst the majority of the hospital staff were Christmas partying. While the two of them were lying on the floor bleeding to death an absolutely top bit of rock music was playing. It has bugged me ever since that I have not heard it again to be able to track it down and get it.

Any helpful suggestions will be met with the most stomach turning sickening gratitude.

Archived