Mannin Hotel - Lunch

Katman

Had lunch in the Mannin Hotel on Sunday, the hotel is a year old now, so should be well into its stride.

We were seated by a window, net curtains stopped you looking at the view. Three other tables were occupied, so fairly quiet. We were left to our own devices for about five minutes before a waitress asked for our drinks order and brought us some menus. We weren't told what the 'Catch of the Day' was. Their online menu seems to be a bit more extensive than the menu we were given.

Starters arrived after about twenty minutes, a little slow considering how quiet the place was . For a starter I had the smoked salmon with brown bread. It was okay, just a little uninspiring, the brown bread had been sliced so it was about 3mm thick. We had to ask for butter and it was provided in those little gold foil packs, at least it was soft, not your usual straight out of the fridge hard as nails type.

For a main course I went for the Steak and Guinness Pie. The pie itself was quite small, pastry a little dry but the contents were nice. The Chips were those large type that resemble roast potatoes more than chips, I would have preferred something a little thinner. The peas were a little hard, the small pot of gravy was tasty.

We didn't bother with deserts or coffee. Bill came to £59.00 which included three starters, three main courses, a couple of alcoholic drinks and a couple of soft drinks.

I was all a bit underwhelmed, so I doubt if I will be rushing back.

Edited to add: Looking at the hotel's website menus, we were given the 'Bar Snack Menu' rather than the 'Lunch Menu'. even though we were sitting in the Dining Room.

Archived