Canadian Thanks Giving

TheDruid-3X3

Awens to All:

October 8th is the Date of our Thanksgiving Holiday and I made a Thankgiving Dinner last night:

attachment.php?attachmentid=32520&d=1507

Two Pan Fried Chicken Legs, Stuffing, Mashed Jerusalem Artichoke (from my Garden), Cranberry Sauce and Two Small Ears of Corn on the Cob (also from my Garden).

After Eating most of it (leftovers now Lunch at Work today), I chased it down with some Chocolate Chip Mint Ice Cream.

Here is some Information about our Thanksgiving:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving_(Canada)

It is always held on the 2nd Monday of October so that was yesterday on the 9th of October.

"According to some historians, the first celebration of Thanksgiving in North America occurred during the 1578 voyage of Martin Frobisher from England, in search of the Northwest Passage.[2] His third voyage, to the Frobisher Bay area of Baffin Island in the present Canadian Territory of Nunavut, set out with the intention of starting a small settlement. His fleet of fifteen ships was outfitted with men, materials, and provisions. However, the loss of one of his ships through contact with ice, along with many of the building materials, was to prevent him from doing so."

And here are Canadian Troops in a Bombed Cathedral having Thanksgiving during WW1:

220px-A_Thanksgiving_Service_Attended_by

3X3

6 hours ago, TheDruid-3X3 said:

"According to some historians, the first celebration of Thanksgiving in North America occurred during the 1578 voyage of Martin Frobisher from England, in search of the Northwest Passage.[2] His third voyage, to the Frobisher Bay area of Baffin Island in the present Canadian Territory of Nunavut, set out with the intention of starting a small settlement. His fleet of fifteen ships was outfitted with men, materials, and provisions. However, the loss of one of his ships through contact with ice, along with many of the building materials, was to prevent him from doing so."

Well, with no women, it was pretty much doomed to fail anyway, wasn't it ?

Archived