Google home speaker

Had a google speaker for over a year now all was working well till 3 week ago. Now when I ask it to play music, we get message saying google play music isn't available in your country. Anyone with same issue? 

It has probably updated itself to bring you improvements to your google.life, only as part of the update it has remembered where it is, and that google doesn't think that place exists. Quite how MT, Sure and our government haven't managed to work together to get that nonsense sorted is beyond me. 

Yep same. And even though Spotify is linked, it seems to not give that as an option anymore to make that the default, so have to keep saying “play xxx on Spotify”. Google Play happily working on app though..

Google are great at lots of things, and can be pretty inept at others. 

If you are with Sure you may find that your internet location is now Guernsey for some reason, mine is and causing me problems with some sites.  Not saying that is the reason for google, just a possibility.  Can’t offer a solution yet as it is on my list of jobs for today to sort out with them, will update! - solution, turn off router for 20 mins, restart and should give iom ip address, may not be a solution to your problem, just a possibility!  

Archived