The Path To Celtic Buddhism

TheDruid-3X3

Awens to All:

Dru recounts in the next chapter 'Ancestors' how he had gone back to his Irish Home and found himself Ostracized from his Irish Family for having left the Cisternian Order Monastery.  He mentions that his being in the Monastery brought his Family some Prestige in their Community and when he left after finding Celtic Buddhism, they would not have him over to Visit and would not even allow to his Aunt's Funeral.  Obviously, from what is written in this Book, having to extract himself from the Monastery was somewhat difficult for him.

But he writes about how he was able to find solace in the local Buddhist Temple and writes about how one of the Best Things about Celtic Buddhism is how it allows you to make Deities of your Ancestors and Worship Them as a form of Universal Deity that works good for You.

3X3

5 hours ago, TheDruid-3X3 said:

Awens to All:

Dru recounts in the next chapter 'Ancestors' how he had gone back to his Irish Home and found himself Ostracized from his Irish Family for having left the Cisternian Order Monastery.  He mentions that his being in the Monastery brought his Family some Prestige in their Community and when he left after finding Celtic Buddhism, they would not have him over to Visit and would not even allow to his Aunt's Funeral.  Obviously, from what is written in this Book, having to extract himself from the Monastery was somewhat difficult for him.

But he writes about how he was able to find solace in the local Buddhist Temple and writes about how one of the Best Things about Celtic Buddhism is how it allows you to make Deities of your Ancestors and Worship Them as a form of Universal Deity that works good for You.

3X3

Shakes head in disbelief. FFS

• 2 weeks later...

The next Chapter is called 'Nature'.  It is a Short Chapter and it goes over how Dru made it through the Transition from Christianity into Buddhism by Peaceful Meditative Practices and it was through the Morale Support of others and then concludes with a Spiritual Ode to the Celtic Nature Goddess Anu.

3X3

No better way to Celebrate Imbolc than to Read the Next Chapter of this Book and Write a Review about it.

The next Chapter is called Warriorship and starts off with Dru getting a letter from the Abbot of the Cisterian Order requiring him to Sign A Document affirming his Departure from their Order.  This shows once again how Dogmatic, Selfish and Unforgiving the Monotheistic Religions are.

He then is invited back to the Netherlands to do Organize Meditation Session in and about the Countryside and eventually gets a Job editing a Magazine.

I am not sure why he called this Chapter 'Warriorship' as the rest of the Chapter goes on about Forgiveness and various way that the Tree Word 'Dru' is used in various Cultures about Europe.

3X3

The next Chapter 'Drala' deals with a few Buddhist Spiritual Concepts called 'Drala' and 'Terma' and that Drala is the 'Enemy Above' and that Buddhist that deal in such Concepts are called 'Tertons'.  It also goes into an Order that the Author created that is a Community that deals in such issues.

Terma seems to defined as the Spiritual Essences that are Buried within Sacred Objects such as Earth, Water and Fire.  However, Sacred Element of Air is Not Mentioned.and the Tertons are the ones who Decipher the Meanings of such things.

However, Dru states that there is only One Way to regard the Spiritual Materialism.  I disagree with that as there is always more than one way for one to regard such Spiritualities.  As one way to Perceive Spiritualism may be Good for One Person, there might be another way that may be Different but works fine for another Individual.

This is the Last Chapter of the Book but is followed by an Epilogue.

3X3

And the Epilogue goes on about how nice it is to have Fulfillment as it goes along like a Flowing River and I took it to mean that one has best Enlightenment when one is a Solitary.

For the most part, I see this Book shows how disenchantment with the Monastery when they put 'Dru' into a Sanitarium to some Frivolous Reason and then prompted him to find something else that is more Fulfilling and then finds it with Celtic Buddhism and then recounts the amount of Negative Peer Pressure and Antisocial Behaviors he had to endure while finding his way into Celtic Buddhism.

I found that he is walking the similar Path as another Druid Network Member who left the English Church to find his place in Celtic Culture and it is to 'Dru' that I introduced that TDN Member.

I hope 'Dru' finds similar Fulfillment as that TDN Member has.

3X3

• 3 months later...
Awens to All:

Today I went to put on the BVS Society Booth this morning.  This year, the BVS brought a few Sri Lankan Buddhism Pictures.  So along with their Displays and mine, this is what we put together:

BVS Display

Here is the Display for the BVS Food Fundraising:

Food Fundraiser Display
And here is the Celtic Buddhism Display I the BVS allows me to put up:

Celtic Buddhism Display
Here is me with an nice fellow Volunteer Janet in the Booth:

Booth With Janet

Did a Walkabout and found this Rinpoche Society Booth that I found Pleasing:

Rinpoche Booth
Their Mantra looked very similar in design as Celtic Buddhism which I liked.  So I snapped a Picture of their Man tra that Pleased Me:

Rinpoche Mantra

We sat at the Booth giving away Free Tea, Sold Herbs and Promoted the BVS Community Garden.

Had a Great Day enjoying Buddhism.

Dave TheDruid-3X3

I ate three slices of toast this morning and had 3 cups of coffee.  Think i might be a druid. 

Archived