The Ashes Thread

Shill

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic match. Right down to the last ball bowled. This is an absolutely brilliant series between teams who are very closely matched.

All credit to the Aussies for managing to stick to their task - and especially Ricky Ponting for a superb innings.

Also, of course, the umpires were excellent - hardly a wrong decision in four very tense days - if only football refs could be that good!

Agree with you on that, the Aussie tail are always giving the English bowlers a hard time. Its moments like these that you wish that they bowlers had the guile of Gough who had the knack of ripping out tail end batsmen.

I thought Flintoff just might do it but never mind, England are having the best of the series so far. Just hope McGrath doesn't find any form with the ball!

Been dissapointed with harmisson all series expect more (with exception of slower ball to michael clarke in second test) and agree last over very poor. In addition Kevin Pieterson can't catch put the sub fielder on for him all the time? <_<

But for rain be 2-1 up jammy aussies got out of jail, great back against the wall knock from Ponting though

I agree, I can't help wondering if it is the Aussies playing bad or England playing so well that they are making the Aussies play badly.

I think with Harmison it has been a case of not being able to bowl on certain wickets that have been tailored to nullify the Aussie seam attack i.e. McGrath, Lee and Gillespie are having a difficult time with the ball in the same matches as Harmison.

Must be one of the best test series so far that I have ever seen, I don't really mind who wins or loses at this stage as long as the quality continues.

Archived