Matt Darey - This Friday

Deejay Denzel

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its going to be a good one....

MATT DAREY

Matt Darey has been one of the pioneers of trance since its early beginnings in 1996 with the release of his first (Goah Trance) record "Li Kwan - Point> zero" one of Oakenfolds pinnacle tracks. The Matt Darey style has been a major influence on the next generation of trance producers such as Michael Woods (Who was trained by Matt), Above and Beyond, Darren Tate, NeoandFerina.......the list is endless.

Since then Matt Darey's remixes and productions have been responsible for many of the massive tunes that made trance a household name in 1999-2000 selling well over a million records with the Darey imprint:

Matt Darey - Beautiful (u.k top 10)

ATB - Till I come (u.k Number 1)

Matt Darey Pres Mash up - Liberation(Fly Like an Angel) (U.k top20)

Matt Darey Pres DSP - From Russia With Love (u.k top 30)

Binary Finary - 1998 (u.k top 20)

Three Drives - Grease 2000 (u.k top 20)

Westbam - Wizzards of the Sonic (u.k top 30)

Grace - Not Over yet (u.k top 20)

Lost Tribe aka Matt Darey - GameMaster/Angel (u.k top 20)

Gabriel - Rise "remix" (U.k number 1)

For a full discography go to Matt Darey Website

After selling over a million "Euphoria" albums: "Ibiza Euphoria", "Pure Euphoria" and "Best of Euphoria" Matt has been Djing all over the globe. Matt will be bringing out his next "Euphoria" album out in november 2003.

After taking two years off from making music to travel from 2000 to

2002. "I needed to take some time out after 18 months of continious

clubbing and studio work. I've now been back in the studio for the

last six months and have many new tunes to be released this summer":

Matt Darey feat Marcella Woods - Voice of an Angel - Incentive

Lost Tribe - Gamemaster 2003 EP - Liquid asset

Xan - Wanna be an Angel - Platipus

Matt Darey - Nocturnal Delight - Mash up

Matt Darey - Intoxicate - Mash up

Matt has recently stepped up his Djing in the U.K taking the roof off at U.K venues "Passion", "Euphoria" and winning best National DJ at the "Peach" awards 2003:

"I spent most of my twentys on the other side of the decks raving so I know what makes the crowd rock. I do tend to play slightly harder than most people expect. The albums I make are for the mainstream whereas my sets are for the clubs."

Matt has a unique style of Djing mixing entirely off CDR:

"This allows me to create my own edits and Fx which would not be ossible mixing off vinyl. I also mix tunes by musical key so that one track blends seamlessly into the next, the same technique I use on my Euphoria albums. Im a great believer in using the latest technology to push foward the sound of my live sets."

Marcella Woods who sings most of Matts vocal Trance records peforms

the best live P.A in the U.K. A regular at Gods kitchen, Passion, Euphoria @ Eden, Judgement Sunday, Gatecrasher, putting a bit of glamour back into clubbing.

Matt and Marcella do a perfect double act of P.A and DJ set.

For all the latest info and sound bytes from Matt Darey check out

Matt Darey

Cracking the kitty.

I bought my decks because I couln't figure out how the tracks merged together on one of his "Euphoria" CD's

First piece of vinyl i bought when i got my first decks was "Liberation"

This man has been sooo influential!

Hmm doubt I can make it tho - Sister getting married on Friday.

A last minute addition to this weeks line up - Paul Stacey will host 'Pure R'nB' at the Chill out area at the back of the Club. This is by way of an experiment to see if it will work!

So, in the main Club area, Matt Darey, Ricky Rooney and Paul Hughes, in the Chill-out area - Pure R'nB with Paul Stacey...

Enjoy!

Woa! what a night - best night out for long time - lots of friendly ppl no trouble and a great atmosphere.

If you weren't there you missed something special. Check out the pictures at Full-on Fridays and you can listen Here

Enjoy!

BTW - we have our own Jason Quinn playin next Friday with Euphoria...

The sound system in Breeze is rubbish. And I personally didnt think much of the DJ. Maybe I was in there at the wrong time. I left about 1am.

Good friendly crowd though.

Hi Shill didn't see you there.... The DJ didn't go on 'till 1am and we got loads of nice comments - yea must have been in the wrong place ha ha!

We did try a little experiment which caused a sound clash around the entrance area. We had Paul Stacey play R'nB at the back of the Club with no sound screening from the main area. However, general comment was that it worked - people were dancing in both areas.

Next time your going to Full-on! let me know and you will be well looked after to make up for your disappointment :rolleyes:

Er.. went to the pictures the other night. The screen in there is rubbish. And I personally didnt think much of the projectionist. Maybe I was in there at the wrong time. I left about 7.30pm.

Good friendly crowd though.

:ph34r:

Archived