Government Waste

Ringwraith

When is there going to be the vote on supplementary expenditure for the 'Wedding Cake' Government Offices "overspend" - why don't the numbskulls do fixed price contracts???

They often do but usually end up changing plans due to unforseen consequences..

As other people have said: inflation, it also doesn't help government plans take so long to design and budget for, usually a few years have passed before they come to build.

Since last year I'm wondering if there has there been a change of "clerk of works" on the Govt "Wedding Cake" building scheme???

I also wonder what controls there are in place that prevent "corruption" with regard to the pricing of additional works???

What were the original specifications and how have they changed?? surely if there is any freedom of information then such matters should be in the public domain...but I guess the bomb proof glazing, the chemical nuclear biological air filtration system, the filtered water supply, independent power generators, the emergency medical suite not to mention the hand printed wallpaper and hand woven carpets and inlaid marble floorings, and hand quilted loo rolls all cost extra and especially the gold taps in the bigwigs offices..

Since last year I'm wondering if there has there been a change of "clerk of works" on the Govt "Wedding Cake" building scheme???

I also wonder what controls there are in place that prevent "corruption" with regard to the pricing of additional works???

What were the original specifications and how have they changed?? surely if there is any freedom of information then such matters should be in the public domain...but I guess the bomb proof glazing, the chemical nuclear biological air filtration system, the filtered water supply, independent power generators, the emergency medical suite not to mention the hand printed wallpaper and hand woven carpets and inlaid marble floorings, and hand quilted loo rolls all cost extra and especially the gold taps in the bigwigs offices..

I don't know where you get your information from but it sounds pretty accurate. Have you got copies of the plans?

Please direct your questions to Dazza, you know Mrs Neds brother in law

Please direct your questions to Dazza, you know Mrs Neds brother in law

I put this to Dazza and he told me that 'this was one cake he didn't have a bite of'. It is most lilkley that DOLGE supplied the Clerk of Works for this job, so maybe you should direct your questions in that direction.

Archived