Playing Pes 5 Over Ics

Jools

I know there's quite a few Pro Evo fans here, so I'll post in gaming and not Computers & Internet. I received my network disk a few days ago, set a network up over Internet Connection Sharing for my PS2, everything worked fine, so I put Pro Evo 5 in, and configured that, then tried to connect.

I got past the Verifying DNAS bit, but then it tests the connection and fails, saying it needs to be able to use UDP port 5730. Like I said I'm using ICS, and I'm using Zone Alarm Pro as my firewall. With ZA off, I can connect and play Pro fine.. but I dont particularly want to be a sitting duck on the net.. so I've tried to figure out how to make ICS and ZA allow traffic on port 5730, without much success.

I've done a lot of searching with google, but most people who have this problem also have a router (getting one as soon as I can afford it), so a lot of the responses are for configuring port forwarding on a router. One site explained how you can add expert rules in ZA Pro to open up ports, but that doesnt seem to have made a difference.

Has anyone else managed to play Pro with Zone Alarm as their firewall?

Archived