Crash Crew Have No Boat!

rooster

I think you stand a better chance of a reply from Ms Reynolds if you write to her, rather than crowing about your concerns on't internet.

I'll try and sell her my kids blowup dinghy...I'm sure with her marketing and bullshitting capabilities she can get Tynwald to raise £50 million towards it.

• 3 years later...

Child rescued after being swept out to sea

Wednesday, August 29th 2012 00:00

875187.jpg

A young child was rescued yesterday after being blown offshore in a kayak in Derbyhaven Bay.

Castletown Coastguard and the Airport Fire Service launched just after 1pm after the child got into difficulty 100 metres off shore after losing their paddle.

The child's mother who had observed the incident, and who had tried swimming out to reach the kayak herself, also had to be rescued.

Both were brought back to shore by the airport's inshore rescue boat.

Port St Mary Lifeboat and Liverpool Coastguard were also involved in the rescue operation, as was the Manannan which was asked to carry out observations on its way into Douglas Harbour.

To be fair, PSM ILB was a stand-by boat that had only just arrived and was being equipped when the call came to launch on service.

The ALB may not have been much good in shallow waters/falling tide, PSM ILB would have had a bit of a run to be that useful.

It was lucky it was there, available and willing to go at the time or it may have been down to the IOMSPco rescue boat from the fast craft or recovery of an injured person from the extension rocks, who would probably have been transferred to a boat anyway, or recovered from further up the coast, colder, wetter and even more in distress.

I take it from the topic title it has now been decided that the boat is a luxury that can no longer be afforded - or have I missed something?

Someones got to find the money for the new baggage handling system, new airport fire engine that takes 3 mins to start up, new radar system, new fence, new carpark from somewhere.

Archived