Going Back In Time

TrueBlue

4 hours ago, Neil Down said:
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 7:36 PM, dilligaf said:

Not quite

The entrance was to the left of that as what is the bus yard was not part of Quiggins as far as I recall 

Tesco in on the Quiggins footprint 

The bus depot was indeed part of Quiggins. Pretty sure the shop/offices was roughly where the bus stop is now just outside the bus depot. Where Tesco stands was the other half of Quiggins

I can't find a photo, but I think I was right. On going into Quiggins you had to bear left and go under the archway. If you went straight on you went into what is now the bus yard. 

Their side loading forklift used to have to come out from their yard into that yard to unload some trailers

Pretty sure Quiggins site was not split for the intended COOP, CWS, now Tesco building and carpark.

You're not getting mixed up with Quggins being on one side of Lake Rd and DSSM on the other, are you ?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, dilligaf said:

I can't find a photo, but I think I was right. On going into Quiggins you had to bear left and go under the archway. If you went straight on you went into what is now the bus yard. 

Their side loading forklift used to have to come out from their yard into that yard to unload some trailers

Pretty sure Quiggins site was not split for the intended COOP, CWS, now Tesco building and carpark.

You're not getting mixed up with Quggins being on one side of Lake Rd and DSSM on the other, are you ?

See the source imageSite of the old Douglas Steam Saw Mill

52 minutes ago, quilp said:

Said archway, and some of the staff...

204006.jpg

jcL7KPd1UFbedKsY6idplICO-1905we-1-20-x-12-print-1550777354.jpg

Cheers "quilp".

The stone pillar on the right in the top picture is the left hand pillar of the entrance to the yard that is now the bus depot. 

8 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Cheers "quilp".

The stone pillar on the right in the top picture is the left hand pillar of the entrance to the yard that is now the bus depot. 

Does this mean I’m correct...for once, :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Neil Down said:
14 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Cheers "quilp".

Does this mean I’m correct...for once, :ph34r:

I am never sure of the correct meaning for that emoji, but no, sorry.;)

6 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I am never sure of the correct meaning for that emoji, but no, sorry.;)

What was on the site where the bus depot now stands?

Archived