Good Hairdressers?

the_kitty

Im thinking of getting a totally different hairstyle done and i need a good hairdressers this time, the last few ones i have been to have either been crap at hairdressing all together or just too pricey.

Can anyone recommend anywhere?

Preferably in Douglas :D

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hear Salon 3 is really good ?

No it isnt, my dad could have done a better job with his hedgetrimmers, the haircut that i was quoted £35 for suddenly turned into £84 once it was finished. :angry: It really put me off getting my hair done for a long time as it was such a mess.

I had the mobile hairdresser who is advertising on manx.net at the moment come round last week, she is very good, she did a really good job and is very patient. Somethings a lot of hairdressers dont have these days is patience or hearing.

Poor Hairdressers.....charge loads payed little

It depends on the mood of the hairdresser on the day. If he/she is in a bad mood, dont bother getting anything done, just say you have changed your mind and leave!

I go to Utopia, for a cut and blow dry its £45. I will pay it because it is the best cut by a highly trained stylist.

I go to Upmarket, on Chester street. Very reasonable prices, and friendly staff. I get my hair cut and colour done there, and it always turns out nice. I will be getting something different done to my hair colour on Thursday so I'll see what it turns out like!

Try Lisa :thumbsup: (tall lisa) at Gema & I in Ridgeway street is really good, am very fussy about my hair being a ex hairdresser and she does a really great job and does what you want.... She is on holiday at the moment and she does get very busy.... even my teenage daughter goes there and she use to go to Salon 3 :wacko:

Thank god I'm a bloke & don't have to worry about any of this stuff!!!!!

Have my set of trusty clippers that come out for a number 2 every month or so!!!

I did have dreadlocks for a little over 10 years, and must say they were more maintenance than the 'trusty' number 2!!!

- Mind you, I'm gaining a bit of forehead now in my older years - it takes me much less time to wash my hair, but I do find it taking me longer and longer to wash my face in the mornings!!!!!!

- quick edit to add, - the "hair" number two is different to the "other" number two (I hope)!!!

Edited again!!!

Must admit the 'dreads' were much more of a 'fanny magnet' than the number 2!!!

Archived