Good Hairdressers?

the_kitty

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard for people to recommend someone when they don't know what age bracket you fall into / where you would prefer to go location wise.

There's no shortage of places to get your mop shortened over here, that's for sure but if you're older in age, you might not want to go to a cutting edge salon. You may not live/work in Douglas and not want to waste time / petrol travelling there for a haircut so again, can't recommend on that basis either.

I'm lucky in that my hair doesn't need much effort at all other than a pair of clippers over it and a bit of tidying up neck hair wise etc so my main concern is where can I walk into off the street during my 30 minute lunch break and get taken care of without having to sit in a queue.

If you're a chap, KD's in Ramsey is where I always go. It's cheap, they're friendly and do a good job. Nice new place opposite the Co-op too.

I'm lucky in that my hair doesn't need much effort at all other than a pair of clippers over it and a bit of tidying up neck hair wise etc so my main concern is where can I walk into off the street during my 30 minute lunch break and get taken care of without having to sit in a queue.

I must admit, I did do a double take when I saw you post about hair...

Though, on a completely unrelated note, has anyone bald ever or anyone actually witnessed a bald person making use of a bowling ball polisher?

I'm not bald (yet)!

KDs are very friendly but they can get busy at certain times of the day - got to time it right to just walk in without having to wait. It doesn't help that they seem to close on random days as well. Monday was always a traditional day off for hairdressers etc but they have other days off and seem to take days in lieu as well if there'sa bank holiday - but yes, when they are there and there's no queue it's as good a place as any to get your ears lowered.

Archived