Good Hairdressers?

the_kitty

Hmmm, when you get dredlocks dont you have to refrain from washing your hair for weeks before?

Well my hair didn't really need much 'washing' when in dreadlocks - apart from a few weeks of film-type work (loads of nasty MDF sawdust) , and a short time in the 'kipper yard' and the odd time where I might have been really pissed & was sick!

But generally - dreads are just ;let them go' and do their own thing, then they do go and do their own thing, so you have to try and tempt them back into some sort of 'order' every now & then.

Apart from kippers & sawdust, (& balding!!!) I might still have had one or two dreads - as posted previously they were a great fanny magnet!!!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

Name - emma

I have recently visited salon 3 and it was a lovely experience. Really nice staff i was looked after for the whole time i was there. Reasonable prices and excellent service. Definately worth taking a trip to.

I hear Salon 3 is really good ?

No it isnt, my dad could have done a better job with his hedgetrimmers, the haircut that i was quoted £35 for suddenly turned into £84 once it was finished. :angry: It really put me off getting my hair done for a long time as it was such a mess.

I had the mobile hairdresser who is advertising on manx.net at the moment come round last week, she is very good, she did a really good job and is very patient. Somethings a lot of hairdressers dont have these days is patience or hearing.

Can anyone recommend a good barbers? Most of the advice here so far seems to be aimed at women. I just want to go in, get it clipped, and get out with as little talk of holidays and weekend activities as possible.

My OH goes to Ron Smiths in Castle Street. He's not a fan of the chat either, but I find if you don't reply people tend to get the hint and stop talking. :)

PS I go to Robin at Urban Hair. She's fab.

And I fell out with Salon 3 after the hairdresser did a really good job with the colour but must have got bored halfway through the cut. She just finished up really quickly and charged me an arm, a leg and the shirt off my back.

Can anyone recommend a good barbers? Most of the advice here so far seems to be aimed at women. I just want to go in, get it clipped, and get out with as little talk of holidays and weekend activities as possible.

The one on Finch Road, Unit 5 (or Unit something anyway) is good. It's where I take my son for his haircut.

If you don't like a lot of small talk during your hair cut I wouldn't recommend Ron Smiths in Castle Street, the guy in there is a top bloke and a good barber but he does like to talk. Personally I'd find it a bit weird to just sit in the chair for 15 minutes and not speak to them.

Oh the barbers in Willaston is pretty good, very friendly ladies and pretty cheap. Good haircut as well (well my hair cut is naff but they do cut it well ;))

I couldn't recommend Nicola in Roger's next to Spill the Beans enough, she has been doing the whole family's hair since we came back (5 and a half years now). Although those that know me in the flesh won't believe it, :P I am not a natural blonde but she has been colouring my hair and it is always in superb condition, and never looks brassy.

Just make sure that you ask specifically for her.

• 6 years later...

Sorry to drag up such an old thread ...

Any current recommendations ladies???

I am sick fed up of not being one of the chosen ones who can get an appointment where I currently go and having to look a complete scruff for months on end

Must be someone really good that isn't going to make a hash of things, cost isn't an issue unless its taking the mick

Waiting with bated breath and hair akin to a highland cow crying.gifdevil.gif

Archived