Child Cruelty

Minnie

they should have got 7 years for each child they mistreated. absolutely disgusting.

ever read a child called it?

read it - absolutely horrendous. completely blows my mind how a person can act that way to another human being, let alone their own flesh and blood. the boy from that book wrote several other books including one of him as an adult, married, etc. amazing how somebody can have something so atrocious happen to them and grow up to be 'normal'.

A CHILD CALLED 'IT': Dave Pelzer's story is of a child beaten and starved by his emotionally unstable, alcoholic mother: a mother who played tortuous, unpredictable games that left one of her three sons nearly dead. No longer considered a son, or a boy, but an 'it', Dave had to learn how to play these games in order to survive. His bed was an old army cot in the basement and when he was allowed food it was scraps from the dogs' bowl. Throughout, Dave kept alive the dream of finding a family who would love and care for him. This is an inspirational look at the horrors of child abuse and the steadfast determination of one child to survive despite the odds. THE LOST BOY: The harrowing but ultimately uplifting true story of Dave's journey through the foster-care system in search of a family who will love him. A MAN NAMED DAVE: The gripping conclusion to this inspirational trilogy. With extraordinary generosity of spirit, Dave takes us on a journey into his past. At last he confronts his father and ultimately his mother. Finally, Dave finds the courage to break the chains of the past and learn to love, trust and live for the future.

Details of all three books A man called It - The Lost Boy - A man called Dave

I've read all three. It chilled me to hear from the childs perspective exactly what his mother did to him. A mother that all he wanted was to love. Very very disturbing. I would reccomend these books to anyone.

That he grew up to have his own family, and live a normal life dispite his upbringing is a reflection of his remarkable courage and strength of character.

Read them.

David Pelzer now works with other abused children and helps then through his own terrible upbringing and the effects it had on him.

I have read all three of his books and found them absolutly fascinating. How strong one person can be in the face of such horrific abuse, and yet grow up to be able to bring himself to not only share his story but help other children in the same situation.

I think every parent should read these books.

They sound very interesting books and I would like to read them, but at the moment being pregnant, my hormones have kicked in and I get very emotional at everything so will get them in the future some time I think 

probably sounds like a good idea - fantastic books but quite disturbing and very emotional.

• 1 month later...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_y...ire/4036745.stm

Words just fail me when I hear stories like this one.  There's a story about it on the lunchtime ITV news showing pictures of the children's bedrooms, most normal people wouldn't let a pig live in conditions like those poor children lived in.

just logged on minnie the bastards shold be shot

7 years so they'll be out in 3 and a half.

It's like the little boy that was force fed salt and died. The people that did it to him were trying to adopt him at the time and I think they only got 5 years.

Scandalous sentencing.

Archived