Hello all.

I’m after some advice and suggestions on an eCommerce solution.

I’m basically helping “the wife” evolve her part-time eBay business into more of a professional and complete set-up. The objective is to set-up a ‘complete’ integrated solution including back-office, payment gateway, inventory control, logistics, accounts and possibly even templates integration into eBay.

The quickest method to achieve all of this appears to be an off the shelf customizable eCommerce solution and I’ve done a bit of preliminary sniffing about but the choice of solutions and variation in price is an absolute minefield to get started with.

I have a smattering of HTML and Dreamweaver experience but I don’t have the time or creative juices to knock something nice and shiny together and I say shiny as we’re after a professional site rather than using a something along the lines of Auctivia etc

The business its self is low cost / high volume with a lot of product variation so there needs to be a nice simple streamlined product management system to save hours of scratching about. Aside from that a nice variety of customisable templates so it doesn’t look like the butcher’s armpit of a site I’d rustle up and we’re half way there. Finally, the integration into eBay would also be a massive plus as this is her businesses bread and butter and something she wishes to continue with to supplement the main store.

Cost wise as I mentioned it’s part-time so we don’t shell out hundreds and as its low cost / high volume fare it has to be cost effective to budget in.

Many thanks in advance folks.

• 13 years later...