Far Cry 2

Uni

Installed, played for 3 hours, removed.

Too much arsing around IMHO, like it was trying to be Fallout 3?

The original might have been linear, but I prefer it over this one.

Nooooo :angry: bought Farcry2 on saturday but not played it yet, thought to give Bad Company another shot online and this time I'm enjoying alot more , mind you I do still have GTAIV to finish aswell as I dont have as much free time a Amadeus its taking me longer than I thought it would :blink:

so many games so little time <_<

What do you mean by fannying around? I saw this advertised and thought it looked quite good...I like fallout 3 though so maybe I'd like this!

Looks great in the advert but that doesn't show the constant driving and repetitive shootouts at checkpoints whilst you try to get to the good bits

What do you mean by fannying around? I saw this advertised and thought it looked quite good...I like fallout 3 though so maybe I'd like this!

Looks great in the advert but that doesn't show the constant driving and repetitive shootouts at checkpoints whilst you try to get to the good bits

my advice, stay off the roads in your vehicle...run over some zebra! :) also find more diamonds by straying off the beaten track

Checkpoints are really annoying, although get easier in the second half when you get a jeep with a grenade launcher. Still a smeg to have to stop and blow them up especially as they respawn bad guys if you drive a short distance away from them.

Not really like Fallout 3 which is more RPG more like an African GTA with pointlessly annoying shootouts every half mile down each and every road.

Looks fantastic though, and there are a good few great bits of action when taking out enemy camps.

I'm enjoying it, mainly since the difficulty has increased - soldiers now have RPGs etc. That said, it's mindly amusing when a soldier 10m away is trying to attack you with a guided missile launcher.

The biggest annoyance at the minute are the bugs. I believe the save game feature doesn't appear to work very well. There's reports of save games becoming corrupted and being unable to load a game beyond 64% progress.

I've completed missions, been prompted for an auto-save and saved (sometimes 2 or 3 in succession). In the subsequent mission, I've died or done something wrong, it prompts you to load the last saved game, you agree. It loads up and you find that it didn't actually save anything and you're back to where you started prior to your previous mission(s). At first I thought it was me, sometimes playing late and maybe thought I didn't save. Last night, I lost two missions worth (~1hr). The game is it's own worst enemy at times.

Archived