[BBC News] Three flights to London unveiled

Newsbot

Just had a look at the website for the pricing for a laugh.....

.....and got one. :lol:

Three adults out on 19 January (first day) and back 26 January.

Flights £10.00 each (total £60.00).

Taxes out £91.65.

Taxes return £116.70.

Total with taxes £268.35. :(:angry::rolleyes:

£60.00 flights and £208.35 taxes. The UK and IOM Governments taking the pi$$ here by any chance??

I am sick of these airlines and the way they calculate their taxes and charges! The sooner they are forced to be transparent about their pricing the better.

How can one flight have 24.66 taxes and an identical flight at a different time be 85.55???

Rip off bastards. Return flight to Liverpool on Thursday Flybe £196.88!!! Come on, they took all the frills away ages ago, no luggage or insurance in that charge either!!

How can one flight have 24.66 taxes and an identical flight at a different time be 85.55???

Landing charges depend on time of day at some airports, also (maybe) size of aircraft used.

Ma Reynolds the airport bossette explained this on MR some weeks ago, before Stu's time I think.

Are those landing charges per aircraft ot per passenger?

Either way it is part of the cost of the airline flying me? What direct costs are they next going to take out of the costs and add into taxes & charges. My proportion of the fuel costs, check in costs?

In my view these are the costs and taxes the airline incurs for oing about its business. They should all be within the price. The only add ons should be "extras" which you can avoid by not requiring, e.g. travel insurance, on line check in, selecting a seat.

The only exception would be if an airline said "all flights are £x plus specific landing charges & taxes" in which case I would accept as it would be very clear that he airline was charging £x across the board on top of what direct costs they are charged per person. If there is any variable basis then in my view the way they are allowed to price currently is unacceptable.

Landing charges depend on time of day at some airports, also (maybe) size of aircraft used.

Ma Reynolds the airport bossette explained this on MR some weeks ago, before Stu's time I think.

that smells a bit, i thought big airlines paid per passenger, but not a lot.

Worst thing about Aer Arann are the credit card charges. They charge €5/£4 per person per flight segment. So if that's 4 people on a return journey on the same booking the CC charges are €40/£32! That's got to be illegal. I don't mind paying a cc charge but that's taking the piss. And I wrote to them and said so.

Worst thing about Aer Arann are the credit card charges. They charge €5/£4 per person per flight segment. So if that's 4 people on a return journey on the same booking the CC charges are €40/£32! That's got to be illegal. I don't mind paying a cc charge but that's taking the piss. And I wrote to them and said so.

surely they can only charge for one card tranaction not (x4)

surely they can only charge for one card tranaction not (x4)

You would think so but it is per person per sector.

Archived