[BBC News] Three flights to London unveiled

Newsbot

Pricing will be interesting - hope it's the same as Euromanx was.

Pricings already up, and looks good, well under VLM's price and 3 flights a day too, at times that are useful to going from the IOM to London not the other way around.

Pricing will be interesting - hope it's the same as Euromanx was.

Pricings already up, and looks good, well under VLM's price and 3 flights a day too, at times that are useful to going from the IOM to London not the other way around.

Excellent - screw Flybe, I'll come Air Arran in March.

This is the same Aer Arran which announced seriously reduced revenues, large cut backs only a month ago, abandoning many of its scheduled services and going back to charter work?

I booked 7 family members to manchester and back with flybe in February and then onto a ski destuination via easyjet flybe flighst were free but taxes added £45 each and cases £15 each. but at £60 return a bargain. we declined insurance and seat allocation but had to pay credit card surcharge.

This is the same Aer Arran which announced seriously reduced revenues, large cut backs only a month ago, abandoning many of its scheduled services and going back to charter work?

Had a flight to Dublin with Aer Arran the other day - very efficient. Good to see them expanding their network and getting increased utilisation from their fleet. The steps they took seem sensible for a regional airline in these times and are similar to those taken by Ryanair, EasyJet and Aer Lingus amongst others to control expenses.

Earlier this year FlyBe were paying passngers to fly from Norwich to Dublin which makes one wonder about their viability too if one wants to be a doomsayer.

Earlier this year FlyBe were paying passngers to fly from Norwich to Dublin which makes one wonder about their viability too if one wants to be a doomsayer.

FlyBe is very profitable - the two flights I was on recently to Manchester were not at all full. FlyBe will be around for a long time, I'm sure they will drop routes etc. as soon as they are not profitable.

Just had a look at the website for the pricing for a laugh.....

.....and got one. :lol:

Three adults out on 19 January (first day) and back 26 January.

Flights £10.00 each (total £60.00).

Taxes out £91.65.

Taxes return £116.70.

Total with taxes £268.35. :(:angry::rolleyes:

£60.00 flights and £208.35 taxes. The UK and IOM Governments taking the pi$$ here by any chance??

I am not sure it is the Governments taking the proverbial but rather the airlines as it seems to be they are lumping as much as they can into "taxes and charges" to make there costs appear low. It is very hard to find on the websites how they are made and what is just tax. It used to be just Air Passenger Duty that was listed which is I think £10 retun or so on a UK flight but now they appear to be adding in landing charges the lot.

I basically think this should be stopped and the only price that can be quoted is the actual cost that you will pay to fly. After all to we as the paying passenger care how it is broken down. Presently it appear to me that the way some of the airlines act is for me to advertise a brand new BMW for sale at £2,000 and then when you come to book one at that price adding in on top the VAT, and the cost that I had to pay to BMW for the car, delivery etc.

Other industries can not get away with it so why should airlines be allowed to.

Taxes out £91.65.

Taxes return £116.70.

£60.00 flights and £208.35 taxes. The UK and IOM Governments taking the pi$$ here by any chance??

You think shoe scanner machines are free? They need to do away with 90% of the security and reduce the bloody stupid tax and long delays.

Great news, The little added cost is wiped out by getting trains to and from Luton or Gatwick....

Taxes out £91.65.

Taxes return £116.70.

I flew out of City with Euromanx about a month before they went bust, the 1 person return was more than £300.....

Archived