Funny Names

cheesypeas

One of my Aunts was christened 'Mona' - as soon as she got to school she changed her name to Judy.

I remember a girl I worked with in Oz whose surname was Raw - she married a Mr Cook.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patriotic parents name their baby Zealand-New

A baby born in the southern hemisphere is unlikely to ever forget the country of her birth after her parents named her Zealand-New.

According to mother Tomicina Davoren and father Mana Te Moni, their daughter, represented here by a picture of a different, more sensibly-named baby, will embody her homeland wherever she goes thanks to her unique moniker. The patriotic parents from the Bay of Plenty revealed the little girl’s full name is Zealand-New Sharron Phyllis Atareta Davoren.

Zealand-New is the couple's fourth child. The others are named Rlexuz Toara Chantz Te Moni, Mikaere Morgan Te Moni and Korizma-Lake Vonnita Manaaki Te Moni.

This is not the first time that parents from New Zealand have bestowed a bizarre moniker on their offspring. In August 2007, Pat and Sheena Wheaton were told by government officials that they couldn’t name their baby 4Real as it contained a digit. The couple simply reconsidered and re-named their child Superman.

In July 2008, family court judge Rob Murfitt attacked the growing trend of odd baby names as he made a nine-year-old child called Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii a ward of court.

He went on to list a series of unfortunate names whose use had been banned by registration officials in New Zealand because they were embarrassing or made children seem foolish among their peers. The list of banned names included Fish and Chips, Yeah Detroit, Stallion, Twisty Poi, Keenan Got Lucy and Sex Fruit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well i watch credits of programmes one of funniest things i seen is someone with surname boner i bet alot of you have heard the joke if someone has surname bater then when they young it be master bater lol recently i was watching a program and it said underneath his name and same aka pooh and i was like what? he was a black guy and his nickname was pooh i dnt see why he want to state that that his nickname.

• 3 weeks later...
Apparently there's a chap called Ben Dover. And the funny thing is, he apparently earns his living as an actor in erotic films. You couldn't make it up, lol,lol......... ; ))

you could make it up just like he did..

born Simon Lindsay Honey. .. with a name like that at a private boys school im not surprised he got such a handle..

Apparently there's a chap called Ben Dover. And the funny thing is, he apparently earns his living as an actor in erotic films. You couldn't make it up, lol,lol......... ; ))

you could make it up just like he did..

born Simon Lindsay Honey. .. with a name like that at a private boys school im not surprised he got such a handle..

Really. Gosh, they do say that you learn something new everyday. Luckily for me, I'm going to pop out and purchase a newspaper shortly.

Archived