Spongebobsquarepants

Minnie

Spongebob Squarepants???? Eh??????

I've watched many of them with my kids (they seem to find it very funny) and I've never witnessed anything sinister in it?

But then again, I had never noticed those dodgy names in Captain Pugwash so perhaps I'm a little blinkered to these things.

But then again, I had never noticed those dodgy names in Captain Pugwash so perhaps I'm a little blinkered to these things
There aren't any dodgy names in Captain Pugwash. It's an internet myth.

It's still a good grin when you think about it though so why spoil it with OTT factual pc?

-

The thing with stuff like this is even if there is a homosexual undercurrent, it is only gonna be spotted by adults.

I remember watching Yellow Submarine when I was a nipper, and thinking it was just a story about a group of people going to strange place in a submarine. Simillarly I thought that Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds was about clouds and children. So I later found out the influence LSD played in their creation. What difference does that make to how I saw it as a kid?

The thing with stuff like this is even if there is a homosexual undercurrent, it is only gonna be spotted by adults.

I remember watching Yellow Submarine when I was a nipper, and thinking it was just a story about a group of people going to strange place in a submarine. Simillarly I thought that Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds was about clouds and children. So I later found out the influence LSD played in their creation. What difference does that make to how I saw it as a kid?

I agree - I never thought C3PO in Star Wars was camp until I watched it all again when I was older, you just dont care when your a kid.

"We see the video as an insidious means by which the organisation is manipulating and potentially brainwashing kids"

They werent saying the above about SpongBob, they were talking about the we are family video.

They reckon Sponge Bob is gay because he holds hands with his mate Patrick.

It's only to be expected, this sort of thing. Bush getting back in for another term. Religious fundamentalism on the rise in the U.S.

They'll be going after the real-life gays soon, not just the cartoon versions. First gay marriage. Then the age of consent. Then what? Back to making homosexuality illegal?

The dark ages are rolling back in over us ...

It's only to be expected, this sort of thing. Bush getting back in for another term. Religious fundamentalism on the rise in the U.S.

They'll be going after the real-life gays soon, not just the cartoon versions. First gay marriage. Then the age of consent. Then what? Back to making homosexuality illegal?

The dark ages are rolling back in over us ...

Indeed. It was so depressing to see the smug man-chimp basking in the reflected glory of all of his toadies yesterday. I hope he gets his comeuppance...

What's even more depressing is, having NOT elected him the first time he won by a comfortable majority this time round. Given the push before the election to bring out younger voters (Springsteen, Eminem and co) it must be so depressing for them to see that actually their votes made no difference at all - it was all decided by gurning, bible-bashing 'True American Patriot' simpletons in the flyover states. A definite kick in the groin to efforts to get the next generation engaged in politics.

"We see the video as an insidious means by which the organisation is manipulating and potentially brainwashing kids"

They werent saying the above about SpongBob, they were talking about the we are family video.

They reckon Sponge Bob is gay because he holds hands with his mate Patrick.

Durrrr......SpongeBob is in the video, that's why they're making the fuss.

Archived