Paintball

Mintchip

At work, one of my responsibilities is overseeing the lunch deliveries. I've threatened to carry a sign that says "NO LUNCH IF YOU SHOOT ME!"

You're quite lucky you don't work on the island then - the government just shot all of the lunch deliverers here to solve the finance crisis hiccup.

the next airsoft game is Sunday the 8th of November at Jurby.

bring pie.

you can hire guns and face masks, and ammo is less then a tenner for a few thousand rounds

admin@manxairsoftclub.co.uk for further info

great I'm not on the Island than :angry:

But will be there next event for sure!!

Here's the result of my paintball experience:

Granted, it was raining when I left my house for the 45 mile drive to the paintball destination. The forecast promised it was going to stop shortly so I decided it wouldn't be an issue. We're not like the mighty Manx who will carry on in spite of the weather (you really have no choice most of the time anyway, do you). Arrived at 8:45am as the instructions said to get there well before 9am so we could be registered and geared up to start at exactly 9am. Scanned the parking lot but could not find anyone I recognized. Went into the building where I thought, "of course, they'll all be meeting in there" which they were NOT. Not a sole from the office could be found. I waited until 9:15am, growing ever disgusted and discouraged at the realization that the other 59 f**kers were not going to show up! So, I left and drove home.

On Monday, I saw the woman who organized the event and asked, "where exactly was everyone supposed to meet on Saturday?" She non-chalantly said, "oh we were there." I asked "where?" It then dawned on her that I had actually gone. She said, again very casually, "well, you know it was raining so people aren't so quick to move. I wasn't even going to go but decided that I should since I was the one who organized it." She then told me she showed up at 9:45am and only a few others appeared around the same time so they played a couple of games. Nice. I then found out that at least one other person showed up just after I left, but only stayed about 10 minutes as he couldn't find anyone either. I'm quite appalled by the relaxed attitude of this woman. And yes, I should have taken her cell phone number with me, but didn't. It never occurred to me that she would not have been there well before the start, rain or shine.

Every day's a school day.

Archived