Mamma Mia's

Rhumsaa

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do hope so but not tried it yet.

The Mona Lisa was excellent the other evening -(spotted a familiar face from Mamma Mia's in there). The odd prices seem a little higher than Mamma Mia's used to be though.

Mamma Mia's IS better than ever I just love this place, I was in last week the front of house was great the food was even more fabulous. But will be in as often as I can cos you can't beat it. Also seen they are offering a quick lunch for £6 sounds great! wub.png

Mamma Mia's IS better than ever I just love this place, I was in last week the front of house was great the food was even more fabulous . It has not changed ownership just there was 2 partners and 1 was bought out so they told me. But will be in as often as I can cos you can't beat it. Also seen they are offering a quick lunch for £6 sounds great! wub.png

I hear the astroturf is really good as well!

Mamma Mia's IS better than ever I just love this place, I was in last week the front of house was great the food was even more fabulous . It has not changed ownership just there was 2 partners and 1 was bought out so they told me. But will be in as often as I can cos you can't beat it. Also seen they are offering a quick lunch for £6 sounds great! wub.png

So you went into said restaurant and had a conversation about the ownership of the place which changed now some time ago - how very convenient for the timing of your Manxforums registration and this topic. Luckily you've posted a massive in-depth comment on another topic otherwise I'd think you were linked somehow to Mamma Mia's. . .

I didn't know the owners changed

Went in a couple of weeks ago and had very good food - pasta portions are just right instead of ridiculously too big.

The dough ball gnocchi with garlic mayo is worth checking out too

Who are the new owners then? Can't say I've noticed much difference tbh, the menu is the same as it was, but the really friendly Italian chap who was front of house doesn't seem to be working there any more which is a shame. Still a great place to take the kids though.

As i understand it, it was started as a partnership between the chap that runs the Mona Lisa in Laxey and Mr A.N.Other. Mr A.N.Other either went alone or got another business partner in. Not sure what, how or why - but fairly sure it happened sometime last year

• 1 year later...

Depends on your budget. My number 1 choice would be Jean Pierre's for sure.

ETA - the new place (located in the former Chrystals estate agents) is going to be an Italian steak house - I did get told the name but it was unpronouncable lol. I think the people running it are all related (Portugese I think, well some of them are anyway).

Archived