Tuckers

Rhumsaa

tried it today for a take away fish and chip lunch

looks quite nice to sit in and seeing as it has only been open a couple of days was a pretty smooth operation

fish had a nice batter almost as good as the chart room and the chips were pretty good

only complaints are not much room to queue for take away orders and the staff at the counter seem to struggle communicating and skimp on the vinegar

otherwise worth a try for a change

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
skimp on the vinegar

I find a lot of busy chippy's tend to 'skimp' on the salt and vinegar - but as they pick it up and start putting it on I usually say: 'lots of vinegar please'. Better to say it then, than when they have stopped and put it down, as it's then you become a pain in the arse when it's busy.

I noticed this the other day, looked very well fitted out from outside.

It'll have to go a long way to top the Chart Room - but expect it'll do good business whatever the quality of the food due to its location.

skimp on the vinegar

I find a lot of busy chippy's tend to 'skimp' on the salt and vinegar - but as they pick it up and start putting it on I usually say: 'lots of vinegar please'. Better to say it then, than when they have stopped and put it down, as it's then you become a pain in the arse when it's busy.

Or even say "It's ok I will put it on myself and take the bottle"

Archived