Fancy Dress Suggestions Needed!

Minnie

My children brought a letter home from school last Friday.........in conjunction with World Book Day the pupils can dress as a character from their favourite book. My youngest boy (he's 5) wants to dress as Mr Tickle! Has anybody got any "not too technical" suggestions for how I could make some Mr Tickle arms????

BTW I have a reputation to keep up here as my eldest boy won 1st prize a couple of years back, much to my joy as I'd sat up until 3am making him an Aslan (The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe) outfit!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

off the top of my head...

stuff the legs of pairs of tights and stick stuffed gloves on the end. You'll have to attach them to something quite sturdy on the back of an old jumper or sweatshirt and pull the arms out through holes in the top of the shoulders and round the waist to avoid the mutant spider look!!

not quite first prize material I know, but the best I can do at the moment.... :)

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Don't think it's gonna be as simple as I'd first thought 'cos the arms will have to be easily detached (so he can eat his lunch and go pee etc!). Gonna try persuade him to dress as another easier to make Mr Man......not an easy task when a strongwilled 5 year old has his heart set on Mr Tickle.

When I was a kid me and my brother went to a fancy dress thing as mr men. Can't remember who was who but one of us was mr chatterbox? Where his hat keeps growing over his head. The outfit was done where his hat goes right down to his feet and in retrospect I/my brother looking like a giant walking johnny. :o

Archived