World Cup 2010

P.K.

Excellent news for Ingerland!

Beckham out of World Cup!

Meanwhile from a bugged Ingerland dressing room:

(Crackly noise, an older Mediterranean voice is heard, speaking slowly and patiently)

– Steven, Francis, Little Theo.

(Chorus of English voices, younger, more eager)

– Yes boss?

– This is what we need you to do …

– What boss?

– (Slowly) Give it to Wayne.

(Long pause. Then one voice speaks up)

– What do we do if we don't have the ball?

– If you don't have the ball, first check, does Wayne have it? If not, get the ball and then, as quickly as possible, give it to Wayne.

(Separate, deeper voices, all English)

– What do we do boss?

– Ahh, Rio, John, TBA. You are all very far from Wayne. You must not try to give him the ball. You can either give it to Steve, Frank or Little Theo, and they will give it to Wayne. Or, you may hit it to Peter.

(More middle-class voice, suddenly excited)

– What do I do then, boss?

– Peter, you must deflect it to Wayne.

(Longer pause while all this is absorbed, then a final voice, scouse, quiet)

– And what do you want me to do, boss?

– Wayne, your job is simple. Don't Get Hurt.

Let's hope they get knocked out quick then at least there may be some decent programs put on TV and bars will cease to be full of gibbering buffoons who think any event kicking around a pigs bladder is an excuse to trash what is left of their liver.

Let's hope they get knocked out quick then at least there may be some decent programs put on TV and bars will cease to be full of gibbering buffoons who think any event kicking around a pigs bladder is an excuse to trash what is left of their liver.

I agree, I found the European championships much more interesting last time round as we did not have to put up with all the hype and xenophobia because England were in it

Do any of you England football fans know how I can go to the three England games in South Africa and actually stay where the games are being played? I can only find official packages that are based in one location and then you are flown to the game and straight back again after the match. That's no good for me as I need to head straight off to the pub to celebrate/commiserate. I also don't fancy staying 17 days in the same hotel even if it has a seriously good bar!If anyone knows of any groups that are already going that I can tag on the end of it then that would be great. I promise not to behave myself!

Thanks in advance Kevin

You understand that no matter which stage England get knocked out, it won't increase or reduce the number of games shown live right?

Do you also understand that were it not for live football, you wouldn't now satellite TV with hundreds of other channels showing 'decent programmes'?

Archived