Football Season 2010-11

P.K.

Congratulations to Rangers - Champions for a World Record 54th time!

1. What is a Scotsman doing posting in a thread about football?

2. If you only need to beat one other club to become champions, its hardly a great achievement, is it?

3. How long are they likely to last in Europe this time?

P.S. I'd say exactly the same if Celtic had won.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2. If you only need to beat one other club to become champions, its hardly a great achievement, is it?

1. Why not - it's a Scottish game.

2. 11 other clubs in the Premier League.

3. We lasted to the middle of March this season, December the season before, just August the season before (we're allowed an off season) and all the way to THE FINAL in May of the previous season. No Manx teams can match that - and precious few other European teams.

Any more education required - let me know. :)

1. Why not - it's a Scottish game. ?????????

2. 11 other clubs in the Premier League. And how many have been champions in, say, the last 26 years?.

3. We lasted to the middle of March this season, December the season before, just August the season before (we're allowed an off season) and all the way to THE FINAL in May of the previous season. Errrm.... The final was the EUFA Cup if memory serves - not the Euro Champions :P No Manx teams can match that [Agreed, they're not entered because they're affiliated to the English FA] - and precious few other European teams. Now you're having a laugh!

Pretty obvious really with the exception of City winning the FA Cup - but then if you spend £200 million on players you might expect a return.

It may seem pretty obvious to you but the odds of that pre-season would have been impressive. Why don't you put your predictions for the next season's top four and FA Cup winner here and we'll come back this time next year to check?

Pretty obvious really with the exception of City winning the FA Cup - but then if you spend £200 million on players you might expect a return.

It may seem pretty obvious to you but the odds of that pre-season would have been impressive. Why don't you put your predictions for the next season's top four and FA Cup winner here and we'll come back this time next year to check?

My area of expertise !! And no the odds would not have been that impressive given that only Man Utd and Chelsea were contenders from the off.And the "top four" finished as the ....top four !

Arsenal will never win the League under Wenger.A whinger of the highest order if he spent more time on the training ground actually..practicing defending rather than leaving players to lie on the floor after a counter-attack (re J. Wiltshire) then they may have a chance.Fourth place.

Liverpool - wasted so much money in the past under Benetez - Johnson £17m, Bellamy £9m, Sissoko £8m, Babel 12m,Riera £11m, Morientes £7m,Aquilani £20m, and Keane,£20m.Will the new owners trust the aged messiah (Dalglish) to purchase anyone better ? New boy Carroll is an injury-prone flake.Fifth place at best

Man City - what can I say. Pay the best wages and will lose the talisman Tevez (the poor mans Wayne Rooney - no wonder he wanted more money !) because he wants to be "closer to home" Second place.

Chelsea - Ageing team Drogba (see J Whiltshire) must be on his bike (Spurs ?).Terry and Lampard past their best and a new manager (probably Dutch).Fingers in the Dyke time...third

Manchester United - won the title by nine points despite winning only five away games.Many have said that that this is the weakest side for years.Oh and they are in the Champions League Final on Saturday.Can only get better..Champions...

Advice...

20 points win Stan James Man Utd to win Premiership 2011-2012 at 2/1.Will pay for the inevitable Manx Public Service redundancies 2011/2012.Like finding money on the floor.

Lay Liverpool at 12 Betfair to win Premiership.I will flash on Blackpool Beach if they are successful (Forgot Alan Hansen beat me to it !) Free Money.

5 points ManUtd/Man City straight forecast at 6/1 William Hill for Premiership 2011/2012.Might be best to wait to back this one as better odds will soon be available elsewhere.

FA Cup - probably Arsenal as they won't be in contention for anything else and by that stage of next season their fans will take anything on offer !!

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe this should be in a 2011-12 'pre' season thread, but:

Tevez

I don't expect full blown passion and loyalty for Manchester, but both United and City have rewarded him handsomely and both have delivered 'silverware'. The guy has lost any credibility he may have had.

Great player, just no class.

1. Why not - it's a Scottish game. ????????????????????

2. 11 other clubs in the Premier League. And how many have been champions in, say, the last 26 years?. No idea - look it up yourself since you're interested.

3. We lasted to the middle of March this season, December the season before, just August the season before (we're allowed an off season) and all the way to THE FINAL in May of the previous season. Errrm.... The final was the EUFA Cup if memory serves - not the Euro Champions :PRefer to original point :P No Manx teams can match that [Agreed, they're not entered because they're affiliated to the English FA] exactly - and precious few other European teams. Now you're having a laugh! Erm - nope!

Archived