Football Season 2010-11

P.K.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bloody unbelievable!

To be fair, though, I'm sure a bunch of Indian chicken farmers know far more about football than Sam Allardyce!

You are taking the mick you must be, kick and rush is a no no will Barca come calling now LOL LOL LOL LOL.

He is Big SAM and that is all he is Big SAM.

I do not know which team you follow but would you swap for Big SAM, I doubt it.

Cheers

I'd largely go with the opinion expressed by Phil McNulty in this piece.

Sam Allardyce had no inkling of what was lurking around the corner only nine days ago when Blackburn Rovers rose to eighth place in the Premier League with victory against Wolves.

Blackburn have lost one match since then - Sunday's narrow 2-1 away defeat by Allardyce's old club Bolton - but the new Ewood Park hierarchy have swiftly decided that he is not the man to provide the winning and entertaining football they demand.

Allardyce does not seek, or indeed receive, sympathy, but there does seem a heavy sense of injustice that the solid, if unspectacular, job he has done at Blackburn has earned him the reward of dismissal.

Allardyce was the perfect man for a club of Blackburn's current stature, a manager with a proven track record of getting results at this level and keeping teams in the top tier.

Whichever Premier League clubs Allardyce has managed he's always provided plenty of bang for the owner's buck.

He was dismissed by Newcastle under similar circumstances when owners changed, and that was a decision they were able to reflect on at leisure in the Championship.

Champoins League Draw:

Roma v Shakhtar Donetsk

AC Milan v Tottenham Hotspur

Valencia v Schalke

Inter Milan v Bayern Munich

Lyon v Real Madrid

Arsenal v Barcelona

Marseille v Manchester United

FC Copenhagen v Chelsea

Arsenal seem to have the toughest job!

• 3 weeks later...

Hodgson sacked. Dalgleish in.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought Hodgson would do well for Liverpool, but the results show otherwise. I still believe given more time he would have been a success. I wish he had been given a better chance to dabble in the transfer market.

Hodgson has not really been successful in his career as a manager though, very recent history notwithstanding. His purchasing record is fairly woeful - we brought in Konchesky (not good enough) and Poulsen (not good enough). Meireles is the only decent buy he's made, so why would anyone assume that he will be better in the January window.

He criticised the fans (not harshly, but it displayed breathtaking naivety that he somehow thought that mentioning their failure to get behind him would result in an improvement in their attitude towards him), seemed blasé when the team lost against (what should have been) inferior opposition, and took it on the chin when Alec Ferguson called Fernando Torres a cheat. Dalglish will hopefully at bring bring some passion to the games - Roy couldn't be arsed one way or the other. I do feel a bit bad about his departure because he seemed a thoroughly nice man, but he was the wrong man to be in charge of LFC.

Hodgson has not really been successful in his career as a manager though, very recent history notwithstanding. His purchasing record is fairly woeful - we brought in Konchesky (not good enough) and Poulsen (not good enough). Meireles is the only decent buy he's made, so why would anyone assume that he will be better in the January window.

Inheriting a woefully inadequate team - including a couple of Spaniards who seemed to go into an almighty sulk from the moment it became clear that Rafa wasn't going to last - and being starved of funds to buy any decent players, wasn't exactly an ideal situation

He criticised the fans (not harshly, but it displayed breathtaking naivety that he somehow thought that mentioning their failure to get behind him would result in an improvement in their attitude towards him),

The fans deserved it. They should have been wholeheartedly behind their team but, because they weren't happy with the managerial choice they just whinged and pointed out every fault seemed blasé when the team lost against (what should have been) inferior opposition, and took it on the chin when Alec Ferguson called Fernando Torres a cheat. Because he was too honest to defend a fading talent who has resorted to cheating?

Dalglish will hopefully at bring bring some passion to the games - Roy couldn't be arsed one way or the other. I do feel a bit bad about his departure because he seemed a thoroughly nice man, but he was the wrong man to be in charge of LFC.

Dalglish is a whinger on an epic scale! So much so, that he is an honorary scouser despite his unintelligible Scottish accent! He won't succeed unless the club are prepared to invest in players (their present lot are pathetic and rely too much on a rapidly ageing Gerrard) and in two translators - one to translate Dalglish into English and the other to translate the English into Spanish.

Firstly, the squad is a bit older, but how many players are still there that thumped Real Madrid at Anfield in 2009? Eight? Hardly "woefully inadequate". Hodgson has bought three players, two of which are shite.

The fans deserve better than someone who will bend down and take it from Alec Ferguson, frankly, especially as Nani was the biggest cheat in that game by a fucking mile (not something Hodgson cared to mention).

Hodgson is weak, and he is gone. Good

Firstly, the squad is a bit older, but how many players are still there that thumped Real Madrid at Anfield in 2009? Eight? Hardly "woefully inadequate". Hodgson has bought three players, two of which are shite.

The fans deserve better than someone who will bend down and take it from Alec Ferguson, frankly, especially as Nani was the biggest cheat in that game by a fucking mile (not something Hodgson cared to mention).

Hodgson is weak, and he is gone. Good

It doesnt matter which manager of which team got sacked to me, I don't believe you can get the measure of a managers true ability after only 6 months in charge, I am not convinced that even after a season you will see the true manager.

What happened to Liverpool of old that used to back their managers and gave them a decent opportunity to shine?

Archived