Football Season 2010-11

P.K.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant believe there is a Injury fest friendly so close to the start of the season.

Adam Johnson is looking decent.

Rooney is a prick coming off....hasnt he learnt anything. Useless twat.

There were certainly glimpses of 'promise'. But for all the huff and puff by Johnson and Walcott when they played on the right, they didn't get a single cross in with the quality that Beckham would have done. (in his 'day') OK, so when Walcott got into the box and put it on a plate for Johnson..........

Also, if you are going to play Rooney up front alone, he has to get support. The only reason it works for United is that he has the support of the wide players plus the likes of Scholes and Giggs through the middle. The number of times there was just him against both centre backs, I lost count. Rooney played much better and started to influence the game in the second half when he started to come deeper and Gerrard et al were going forward to replace him. Notice what the catalyst was? That Lampard wasn't on the field. I don't know waht it is, whether they don't trust each other to drop in or whatever, but they just aren't effective playing together.

I thought that a 'polite' wave wasn't too bad from Rooney either. Football fans are so fickle and you just know that come the next tournament, everyone will be pinning their hopes on him again.

I think the centre backs are going to be a problem. Jagielka did quite well in fairness, but Terry looks like half the player he was (for Chelsea mind) a few years back, Ferdinand is a big miss and I know he has his detractors, but he is a class act and is sorely missed by England. Dawson reamins unconvincing for me. Full backs are well catered for with Cole, Gibbs, Johnson etc.

And Joe Hart needs a long run as Number 1. He is as good as any other English keeper, so lets not fuck about with rotation, just tell him he's your Number 1 right through till 2014 any beyond and leave him be.

.....everyone will be pinning their hopes on him again.

Fool me once etc etc

Oh and I forgot to mention Cappello's stoic expression throughout the whole game...looks like a man who's got his eye on the Villa job! :D

PS you know who would sit well in that Lampard role....Jack Rodwell. Then again I am biased!

I thought Gibbs was terrific when he came on, him and Young looked very lively down the left. Adam Johnson also caught the eye, think he will be a big threat for City if he gets the games.

1) Chelsea

2) United

3) City

4) Arsenal

5) Liverpool

6) Everton

6) Spurs

18) West Ham

19) Wigan

20) West Brom

Chelsea to consolidate on last year, united to have one last hurrah for a medium period, city to start slowly and gather pace hopefully with a decent domestic/uefa cup run, arsenal to be fairly consistant at winning at home and not away, liverpool to hover, everton to finish well bar no injuries and spurs to get found out.

Hopefully Wigan will go down and a more 'active' club from the championship can have a crack.

After the first round of matches...from what little info that can be gleaned...

Arsenal and Liverpool need a lot more talent if they are to seriously challenge for the top

Chelease and Man U look the pick of the bunch

Blackpool are a welcome breath of fresh air in to the league...I hope they can stick around

3 of the 4 teams beginning with W to go down

Everton better play something a whole more interesting on Saturday!

:-)

Archived