Little Ghost Train In Laxey

Topaz

Just got back. My son took his daughter and me on the Halloween Ghost train ride this afternoon, in the hopes that I would be so scared I would fail to dodge the coffin for once.

It was brilliant..a tiny steam train going through quite a long tunnel with really imaginative scaries all the way through.

We were waved of by a corpse in a hooded gown and met at the other end by the grim reaper.As the train drew to a halt the grim reaper was slumped on a bench at the'station'. I thought he was a piss head who'd been there since Saturday night. But no, he rose to his feet and peered in the train window. There were corpses leaping up at the train from the railway line ( don't know how they did that).

I loved it!

Oh, wait a minute...I am still here, aren't I? :blink:

We took the children on the Laxey ghost train yesterday, they loved it too. The corpse that jumps up at the train made them all jump hehe. Definitely good value for money, and well done to all those that made such an effort with the decorations.

Excellent fun and the kids really loved it. Face painting, sausages, chips, burgers, witches brew drinks, gift stalls, glow sticks and rides on the ghost trains.

Some outside shots, it would have been too dark and distracting if we had taken any inside the tunnel.

75894_171177699561117_100000066633871_570499_8016854_n.jpg

148438_171177926227761_100000066633871_570508_5665760_n.jpg

73010_171177796227774_100000066633871_570503_4598983_n.jpg

72764_171177869561100_100000066633871_570506_5598266_n.jpg

Glad that all enjoyed it. We are only a small steam railway with a big name 'The Great Laxey Mine Railway' and we are allvolunteers with the railway owned by the local heritage trust an island charity. Halloween is our way to say thank you back to the community that supports us and marks the closure now for the year. We will be back next Easter every Saturday from 11am to 4.30pm with the emphasis more on our history rather than scaring the kids but the ride is still very enjoyable. Always on the look out for donations and volunteers - if you can come down regulary why not train to be a driver,exuse the pun ( but certains restrictions such as age apply). Some volunteers only appear a few times a year so no big commitments required. Contact me for info, our website laxeyminerailway.im is still not operational but another manxforum.com reader has offered to help so fingers crossed.

marks the closure now for the year. We will be back next Easter every Saturday from 11am to 4.30pm

You should think about doing the Polar Express at Christmas, I think the kids would love going through the tunnel to a sort of lapland on the other side.

Thanks for the pictures Minxie.

Topic, that lapland idea is brilliant.......(Unless, of course, you had lapdancers in mind. :blink: )

Laurieroome, I'd be very happy to help and rope in some volunteers if you wanted to do the Lapland thing.

Thanks for the pictures Minxie.

Topic, that lapland idea is brilliant.......(Unless, of course, you had lapdancers in mind. :blink: )

Laurieroome, I'd be very happy to help and rope in some volunteers if you wanted to do the Lapland thing.

I'll volunteer if it's lapdancers.

Archived