Cold Calling Survey Freaks

We Like The Moon

Why not simply be polite and tell whoever it is that is calling that you are not interested, wish them a good day, and hang up.

They’re probably some poor soul trying to make ends meet and having to do an awful job in order to do so, and quite probably in some awful part of the world.

Would it really be so difficult to take just a moment and not be yet another bit of nastiness that someone has to put up when just trying to feed his family?

Keep in mind that providing call centre services may well be one of the few options open to the Island in the not too distant future as the economy tanks. Would you, or your wife or son or daughter like to be greeted with uncouth treatment when all you or they were doing was just what they had to in order to get by?

Perceptions often change when one empathises with the other party in a given situation. Try it.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not simply be polite and tell whoever it is that is calling that you are not interested, wish them a good day, and hang up.

They’re probably some poor soul trying to make ends meet and having to do an awful job in order to do so, and quite probably in some awful part of the world.

Would it really be so difficult to take just a moment and not be yet another bit of nastiness that someone has to put up when just trying to feed his family?

Keep in mind that providing call centre services may well be one of the few options open to the Island in the not too distant future as the economy tanks. Would you, or your wife or son or daughter like to be greeted with uncouth treatment when all you or they were doing was just what they had to in order to get by?

Perceptions often change when one empathises with the other party in a given situation. Try it.

Why should you be nice when you are getting called up to 3 times in one evening by the same company (and sometimes person!) after repeatedly telling them you're not remotely interested.

I have no problem telling them to fuck off but next time i am just going to leave them on the line or play them some country music. The music of pain.

Theyre probably some poor soul trying to make ends meet and having to do an awful job in order to do so, and quite probably in some awful part of the world.

Why should you be nice when you are getting called up to 3 times by the same people in one evening and the phone keeps waking your baby up?

I have no problem telling them to fuck off.

If you have to ask you probably wouldn't understand. But why not find out who it is that's paying for the cold calling and contact them, not take it out on the poor soul on the end of the phone. They're just doing a horrid job.

Just to add .........

Being rude is probably going to make them repeat the call just to get their own back. Very often these people are paid on results and so repeating a useless call is costing them potential earnings.

Being nice usually results in finding oneself dealing with nice people.

My Dear friends! I am advised that if you answer some of these cold calls and make a connection (usually out East) it is by some trick you who pay for the calls. Even if you put the 'phone down the connection I am told still runs as a charge???

Urban myth.

Why should you be nice when you are getting called up to 3 times by the same people in one evening and the phone keeps waking your baby up?

I have no problem telling them to fuck off.

If you have to ask you probably wouldn't understand. But why not find out who it is that's paying for the cold calling and contact them, not take it out on the poor soul on the end of the phone. They're just doing a horrid job.

Just to add .........

Being rude is probably going to make them repeat the call just to get their own back. Very often these people are paid on results and so repeating a useless call is costing them potential earnings.

Being nice usually results in finding oneself dealing with nice people.

How do i find out who is cold calling me when they either hang up immediately, or when i do get to "speak" to them i can't understand a word they are saying due to their accent, or the atrocious quality of the call. You try being all nice and friendly when you receive 12 calls in 3 days , all after 19:00 when you've just spent 30 minutes getting your baby to sleep!

Anyway, i've tried being polite and you know what i got? More calls the next day.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that on my landline I have had these calls as late as 11.30pm and on my mobile I got woke in the night about 3.00am (no joke when you have to be up for work at 5.30am)it was another cold call, I was not very polite when I answered the phone so didn't get the name of the company or I would have tried to report them to OFtel.

You've only got yourselves to blame.

You'll catch far more flies with jam than vinegar.

Use the system in order to turn it on itself. Let them run their sales patter and it will soon become obvious who they represent, ask directly, and they will have been instructed to drop the call immediatly.

It's worked for me.

I keep getting cold calls from old sounding man calling himself Jehovah. He promises eternal salvation in exchange for a minimal investment of my time now. Weird thing is, I don't even have a phone - I just hear his voice........

Did you have any witnesses to this or did you just observe it from a watchtower?

I keep getting cold calls from old sounding man calling himself Jehovah. He promises eternal salvation in exchange for a minimal investment of my time now. Weird thing is, I don't even have a phone - I just hear his voice........

Did you have any witnesses to this or did you just observe it from a watchtower?

Well, there was a bloke with long hair, a beard and sandals hovering in the corner, but I'm not sure how reliable he would be as a witness, he seemed to be getting pissed just swigging water

I get them from ugabunga energy companies telling me the can save me vast amounts of money switching supply companies.

I make out i am interested for a while then ask where i can get the 30 mile extention lead from to plug in , they normally hang up !

the other option is to make out you know that they have been sleeping with their brothers wife, that really chokes them !.

you can also ask if they are involved with the match fixing at the cricket !

the list is endless :rolleyes:

I have a relative that listens to their inital pitch and replies

"That is very interesting but before we consider the merits of your product may we take a moment to consider the virtues of our saviour the Lord Jesus Christ"

At this point they invariably hang up.

I have been registerd with the TPS (both home and mobiles) for some time and do not get these problems.

tpsonline

I have been registerd with the TPS (both home and mobiles) for some time and do not get these problems.

tpsonline

By using TPS you legitimise the direct junk mail and telephone marketing industry in general. It also will not stop the calls from abroad which people are complaining about.

There is a very good way to stop this type of call called anonymous call rejection. MT won't want to set it up for you but it is possible. It also means that the bank, your doctor's surgery or many government departments etc won't be able to call you as they withold their numbers.

If you do get MT to enable it :

*227# to switch ACR on

#227# to switch ACR off

Archived