Scrap Gold Buyers On The Island

The Terminator

why would anyone sell gold just now except that they're skint ?

You will certainly make more money selling now than the UK govt. did! :lol:

sure, especially when he announced in advance that he was selling !

absolute scotty eejit

but now the more the stocks fall, the higher gold goes

I guess you have to choose your moment to sell. If you try to sell too late and demand falls you may struggle. Best to not be too greedy and leave some profit in it for the purchaser, after all it has far exceeded your purchase price.

UK cash for gold companies are ripping people off. There are always people desperate or stupid and this lot feed off those poor suckers.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Just though I would add a comment here I represent the gold and silver exchange on Victoria Street, we are a Manx company run by people who all live on the island and my advice would be to shop around for the best price when selling gold or silver... its just common sense. We don’t offer any gimmicks just a good price that follows the fluctuations in the metal prices. You can call in or call us any time and we can give you a list of our prices being paid that day per ounce or gram.

I also agree with previous comments about the bad name this business has gained through rip-off merchants coming to the island and paying VERY low prices then going back to the uk but we are hoping with our permanent shop on Victoria street we can start to change peoples perception of selling gold and silver and the response we have had so far is very very positive.

If anyone has any questions you are more than welcome to ask them here or contact me on 459615.

Many thanks

Neil

just an update, I took my jewellery to the guys on Victoria Street after ringing a few places and was very pleasantly surprised on how much I got, really nice lads and I felt very comfortable with their prices and walked away very satisfied, I could have probably got a few quid more by shopping around or taking my chance on the internet but got back far more than I paid for the stuff so was chuffed with that,

Why do I get the feeling there is more to this thread than meets the eye...

Beware of small fat people offering the best price for your gold.

This is the company a lot of the trade use to sell the gold they have bought of Joe Public.

If you get within 10% of these prices you are not being ripped off.

http://www.cooksongold.com/metalprices/

P.S Gold went down £60 per troy oz today.

just an update, I took my jewellery to the guys on Victoria Street after ringing a few places and was very pleasantly surprised on how much I got, really nice lads and I felt very comfortable with their prices and walked away very satisfied, I could have probably got a few quid more by shopping around or taking my chance on the internet but got back far more than I paid for the stuff so was chuffed with that,

Likewise popped in with some old gold broken rings bangles etc, guys are friendly no hard sell. As with Terminator, pleasantly suprised by the rates offered - after all it was what I thought to be junk.