Drum 'n' Bass

JumpUp

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

love that. this is a mate of mine, he has a big stinking cerwin vega sound system and could be tempted to put on a night if you were game.

Merkin thank you for sending me this set mate, i am very impressed and have added comments accordingly! i would love to do a night on the island, purely for the infamy and for doing something different. for it to work though it would have to cater for a wide range of genres that arent currently played on the island as well as creating the right following and culture otherwise before you know it you will have another Electrofresh.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the mix! Will give it a blast when I am at home :)

Time for me to do a new one as well!

If people see this thread it would be good to see how many people on the island actually like DnB and would buy a ticket to go to a night out for it.

there are several forms of DnB: Liquid, Dark Tech, JumpUp, Jungle, DrumStep and generic. Dubstep is starting to forms different genre's within, Garage has moved into Bassline and UK Funky and there are several variants of House: Electro, Funky, Progressive and some other dark filthy forms!

If you need any assistance with new artists please let me know :)

• 2 weeks later...

there are several forms of DnB: Liquid, Dark Tech, JumpUp, Jungle, DrumStep and generic. Dubstep is starting to forms different genre's within, Garage has moved into Bassline and UK Funky and there are several variants of House: Electro, Funky, Progressive and some other dark filthy forms!

If you need any assistance with new artists please let me know smile.png

You lost me at 'several forms of DnB'

Am I too old? No, don't answer that one!

Just to let you know, me and a few others have been putting on a few private (but most can attent) DnB nights for the past few weeks at the Drawing Room (above jabberwocky). Next one's this Friday - 8.00pm til late so pop down if you get sick of the usual outback bollocks music.

We've been doing it for the past 2 Saturdays with a fairly decent crowd. Still lots need to be done to bring it up to a decent standard but it's miles better than anywhere else in town in my opinion.

At the moment we're doing the nights which aren't booked for private events but hopefully it should start snowballing into a regular night with guest DJ's on certain nights so I'll let you know if a future slot becomes available

Archived