Phone Card Use From America to I.O.M.

WilDDog

Hi all.

Does anyone know of any good phone cards that can be purchased to make cheaper calls from America (Florida) back to the Island. Mobile preferably but touchtone will do.

Also, If roaming is turned off is that all I need to do? Or should I turn something else off on my 4S to stop MT charging me silly roaming charges?

Thanks

IPhone's are built to be online so turning roaming off may still cause the phone to go online. Take the apn out or call mt and ask for data to be disabled is the best way to safeguard roaming data charges.

^ ???

assuming you are on 5.1.1 (and assuming you are not jailbroken):

settings > general > network

switch off: Cellular Data.

That's it. Then it's wifi only. The roaming option be hidden if cellular data is off.

Ok thanks.

I new where to switch it off Pongo, I just wanted to be sure that it wasn't going to connect or try and update anything when that was off. I think I'll do what Immortal Puppet said and ring them to disable data, then I'll be sure it will only connet to wifi.

Anyone know anything about the phone cards?

I was in Florida earlier this year and to be honest I was going to buy a SIM but decided against it in the end.

Your iPhone can't access 3g/4g over there, so I used Wifi and Skype most of the time but there is also an App from MobileVoip which is cheaper and has free minutes [on WiFi].

If anyone rang or text me I waited until I had WiFi and then called or text them back - hardly cost me anything for the whole 3 weeks I was over there..

Archived