Is This The Ultimate Example Of Whats Wrong With The Island?

hboy

With the population rising and becoming fatter, I'd like to start a conspiracy theory, that: aliens are in our midst, fattening us all up and maximising our numbers, ready for us to be whisked off in a couple of years to planet Zaaaarg to be processed at their equivalent of Tesco.

Why would the aliens want to fatten us up? Meat, human or any type of beast for that matter, is the muscle of the animal/ person/ Foxdale resident.

"Fattening us all up", to make us heavier, with carb/ fat laden feed, would only result in the alien butchers having to cut off most of the layer of fat, to make the meat look attractive to the alien housewives. alien.gif

Just because the aliens are a bit weird looking does not mean they do not care about their own diet/ cholesterol/ hearts health and that of their family.

Come on Albert think your posts through before you hit send, its not rocket science....................................... thumbsup.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The biggest example of what is wrong is the countryside care scheme being worth £7m per year yet when Manx farmers are asked to give something back, they don't.

Nobody has an automatic right to paid employment unless they are a Manx farmer.

Well, I have seen a few poor farmers in my time, but I have never seen a poor butcher!

I do know a few farmers & most of the ones I

Know hate the country side care system, but its the system dictated to them by the eu.

Although there will be some that play the system as in any walk of life!

The biggest example of what is wrong is the countryside care scheme being worth £7m per year yet when Manx farmers are asked to give something back, they don't.

Nobody has an automatic right to paid employment unless they are a Manx farmer.

Well, I have seen a few poor farmers in my time, but I have never seen a poor butcher!

I do know a few farmers & most of the ones I

Know hate the country side care system, but its the system dictated to them by the eu.

Although there will be some that play the system as in any walk of life!

Bullshit. As manxbutcher says if there's a subsidy they're there with their hands out, but ask them to subsidise something themselves like in this instance and its pulled in a few weeks as its not economically viable (eg. It eats into the grant money we get but that we don't want to spend).

It would still be nice, for all sorts of reasons, to tell the EU, and the European Court for that matter, to go forth and multiply. We make our laws and you butt out.

We're sucked into the EU for good whether we attempt to keep up this fake charade of independance or not.

No I don't think so. I reckon the EU will implode maybe in our lifetime but certainly this century. Euro will be lucky to see out the decade.

The euro imploding is one thing, but the fact that the EU now writes most of the UK laws shows you don't need a common currency to be suckered into a centralised, political union. I'd love to see the whole thing collapse but I fear we're too far intrenched for that and when the IoM finances go pop and they need to be bailed out by the UK, there goes their bargaining chip to remain the little independent outcast in the Irish Sea.

Archived