Cairns On The Island

John

We know it is on private land. It is owned by Lower Ballakaighin. But just get up to the top and take a look around, as you should be able to see once reach the top and the land levels out. If there is no bull just go and have a look. Don't pay any mind to any childish attitudes on property ownership from servile minds.

Even if you don't have my politics, all you are doing is crossing two field to look at something and the worst that can happen is that he tells you to clear off. Besides, he might say 'no' if it is just for curiosity.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We know it is on private land. It is owned by Lower Ballakaighin. But just get up to the top and take a look around, as you should be able to see once reach the top and the land levels out. If there is no bull just go and have a look. Don't pay any mind to any childish attitudes on property ownership from servile minds.

Even if you don't have my politics, all you are doing is crossing two field to look at something and the worst that can happen is that he tells you to clear off. Besides, he might say 'no' if it is just for curiosity.

Or take ldv with you ( swathed in a red sheet biggrin.png ), so he can show you what a brave little soldier he is.

It would be interesting to see how he 'fronts up' to the landowner if challenged , and if he'd share his "politics" and views on farming trespassing and theft. lol

When confronted, you just go, obviously. If you hung around then someone might call the filth.

Interesting response , if the landowner started beating you (or who was with you) up , would you call "the filth" ,' pitch in' or 'leg it'?

When confronted, you just go, obviously. If you hung around then someone might call the filth.

Interesting response , if the landowner started beating you (or who was with you) up , would you call "the filth" ,' pitch in' or 'leg it'?

Now you want to talk about the police? You're going off on a tangent.

No just wondering how you think you would react to a situation . Your response sounds like a bit of a "cop out", as you are advising folk to put themselves in a potentially difficult situation and the abdicating all responsibility .

If I advised that you put a carrier bag over your head and try to close off the air and then you died would it be my responsibility?

It isn't potentially difficult in the least. Someone who thinks that you shouldn't be there turns up, tells you go away, and you go. You can say anything or nothing to them (although an apology isn't due). If you stay they will call the police.

If I advised that you put a carrier bag over your head and try to close off the air and then you died would it be my responsibility?

It isn't potentially difficult in the least. Someone who thinks that you shouldn't be there turns up, tells you go away, and you go. You can say anything or nothing to them (although an apology isn't due). If you stay they will call the police.

I would not be surprised if you advised someone to suffocate themselves but you may rest assured that I would not follow your advice , I suspect, on anything.

If you gave similar advice to say a small child I have no doubt that you would abdicate all responsibility.

So you'd think. for example, that if I told a five year old to eat something poisonous I would eschew responsibility? If so, you'd be mistaken, but more importantly you have no basis for forming that opinion. Why would you form it? And why is it even relevant here considering we are not talking about children and for the purposes of our conversation should not really have to refer to all exceptions to general rules? You're just wasting my time.

So you'd think. for example, .......... If so, you'd be mistaken,................. but more importantly you have no basis for forming that opinion. Why would you form it? And why is it even relevant .................... You're just wasting my time.

and you minebiggrin.png .....lol

And then what? Get brought before the Deputy High Bailiff for the crime of visiting a monument?

Laughable. Let's face it: if the farmer is Manx, he won't give a shit. If the farmer is some tosser like Jeremy Clarkson, he'd have already constructed a barbed wire fence to keep us riff raff off "his" land. I'd say the lack of a fence is proof that the farmer doesn't mind people walking on a very small part of his field to visit a monument. If people follow common sense and respect the area, they will be fine. If they show up and start littering the place with empty crisp packets and bottles of lager, or deface the monument with graffiti, or try to have intercourse with the farmer's livestock, then obviously that would be another story.

Archived