Call Of Duty: Ghosts

Virtual_Boy

Call of Duty: Ghosts will launch on Microsoft's Xbox One, the company announced today during the console's unveiling event.

All downloadable content for Call of Duty will launch first on Xbox One as timed exclusives.

The game will include all new characters in a new world, rendered on an all-new engine. Stephen Gaghan, writer of Traffic and Syriana, is working on the script.

In Ghosts players will be part of the remnants of the world's different special forces. Players will also have dogs as part of their squad, the dogs can protect the team and sniff out explosives. The game also features a new A.I. system that will create more lifelike experiences, players will also be able to customize their characters in multiplayer and choose their heads, bodies, helmets and gears.

Maps will be dynamic and will feature events like earthquakes and floods, player-driven events like opening doors and explosive traps will also alter the flow of the map.

http://youtu.be/B00xKmtyfaY

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I did enjoy COD but after black ops its just recycled rubbish.

Battlefield had always been my favourite as its more team based.

I will probably go for BF4 this time, I didn't by the last COD and won't be this time either.

Sony I think are going to kick the arse of the greedy Microsoft this time.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-22-watch-this-space-for-cod-ghosts-dedicated-servers-on-playstation-xbox-360-and-wii-u

Another issue Infinity Ward faces has to do with the ISPs themselves not reporting accurately players' location. Apparently Europe in particular has a huge problem with this.

Rubin mentioned a London-based ISP, which remains nameless, that registers its location as France. Another UK ISP is registered in the Isle of Man.

"It was like, whoa! We have 500,000 people playing in the Isle of Man!" Rubin laughed. "Hmm. No we don't.

"But we saw people, especially in the UK, who were getting matchmade with people in France, and they were always complaining. We found out it's because your ISP tells us you're in France. We can't control that. We have no control whatsoever of where your ISP tells us where you are. It's up to them to tell us.

"We're experimenting with ways around that, of not asking your location but rather measuring your location hop wise."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-22-watch-this-space-for-cod-ghosts-dedicated-servers-on-playstation-xbox-360-and-wii-u

Another issue Infinity Ward faces has to do with the ISPs themselves not reporting accurately players' location. Apparently Europe in particular has a huge problem with this.

Rubin mentioned a London-based ISP, which remains nameless, that registers its location as France. Another UK ISP is registered in the Isle of Man.

"It was like, whoa! We have 500,000 people playing in the Isle of Man!" Rubin laughed. "Hmm. No we don't.

"But we saw people, especially in the UK, who were getting matchmade with people in France, and they were always complaining. We found out it's because your ISP tells us you're in France. We can't control that. We have no control whatsoever of where your ISP tells us where you are. It's up to them to tell us.

"We're experimenting with ways around that, of not asking your location but rather measuring your location hop wise."

Biggest bugbear is getting lumbered with Frenchies, in previous years (around 4 years ago) I remember it always connected with Germans, Spainards or Americans, which I actually preferered!

Archived